GENERAL SUMMARY Reports to the Director, Information Services, and is responsible for leading the Ambulatory Applications team in support of Clinic, Home Health, and Hospice locations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with Clinic Administration, Home Health, and Hospice leadership, develop short term and long term strategic information services support plans to better enable the use of applications and technology.
- Recommend areas of performance improvement and innovation through optimizing the use of Electronic Medical Records and integrated applications.
- Plan and coordinate the support needs of Clinic, Home Health, and Hospice Electronic Medical Records.
- In partnership with Population Health and Care Management leaders identify, plan and implement required Electronic Medical Record requirements in support of quality programs.
- Lead the development and optimization of Washington Regional’s use of patient and provider portal technology.
- Facilitate the intake of projects in support of Clinic, Home Health, and Hospice needs.
- Manage all ambulatory Electronic Medical Record vendor relationships to ensure quality of service, cost optimization, and usability.
- Manage and coordinate Ambulatory Applications dependencies across the IS Leadership team (Technology, Integrations, etc).
- Lead forums with Clinic, Home Health, and Hospice leadership to understand workflow needs and identify requirements, changes, and enhancements impacting the applicable Electronic Medical Record systems.
- Manage Ambulatory Applications staff to ensure adequate coverage and service models.
- Coach and mentor Ambulatory Applications staff to enable knowledge, skills, and career development objectives.
- Develop goals and objectives for Ambulatory Applications staff, monitor progress, and conduct Performance Reviews.
Experience and Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a Health Care/Clinical field, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent job experience.
- 10+ years of health care technology experience (application/EMR related preferred).
- 10+ years of experience in an Ambulatory setting.
- 5+ years of staff supervision experience.
- 3+ years of experience in leading a team of diverse staff (employee, contractor, consultant, vendor) in virtual locations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interact well within a team environment and support other team members.
- Excellent Customer Service and Teamwork skills, with the ability to collaborate with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Ability to take a consultative approach to gathering information and driving to expected outcomes.
- Ability to multitask, be self-directed and learn business and process context rapidly.
- Highly detail oriented, with the ability to track and manage multiple work efforts concurrently.
- Experience in managing accountability of Electronic Medical Record vendors’ service and support.
Job Type: Full-time