Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: didgʷálič Wellness Center - Swinomish Development Authority
The didgʷálič Wellness Center is looking for a highly dynamic Administrative Assistant to come join a brand new integrated care clinic that combines primary care, behavioral health, and opiate treatment under one roof. The Administrative Assistant provides clerical support services to all employees of the didgʷálič Wellness Center. General office duties include but are not limited to; reception, telephone, typing, filing, and office supply purchasing. Duties require a clear understanding and skill in all aspects of office administration, basic accounting and mathematics, and knowledge of chemical dependency and the effects on individuals, families, and communities is required. This position reports to the Office Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant:
- Coordinates patient appointments for counselors.
- Administrates observed urinalysis drug screens daily.
- Verifies insurance coverage and eligibility on individual basis.
- Assists counselors with faxes, printing of notes, and all other office related tasks.
- Compose, draft, type and/or word process, proofread and edit documents, contracts, and /or correspondence to ensure these conform to established program policies and/or procedures; may include legal, scientific and/or other specialized materials and statistical reports.
- Maintains, inventories, orders, collects, and distributes supplies and/or equipment.
- Acts as scribe and takes minutes at all assigned meetings.
- Schedules meetings, makes training and travel arrangements, and maintains calendars for supervisor and/or organizational unit/program.
- Processes all paperwork for scanning and provides case management support to counselors.
- Organizes all packets and forms for patients in office.
- Stocks UA supplies and paperwork.
- Assists with program events.
- Cleaning duties of office/group room and prepares with supplies/food between group times.
- Cross-trained to assist staff with all other duties when unavailable.
- Enters data into RPMS database.
- Other duties as assigned by the Office Manager.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- One year of college or equivalent experience in business administration or office management is desirable.
- Previous substance abuse treatment and/or primary care experience strongly preferred.
- Typing at 60 words per minute is required.
- Applicants shall have no history or evidence of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of two years immediately prior to the date of employment and while employed.
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver’s license and meet eligibility requirements for tribal insurance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Ability to work in a cross-culture environment, understands the social and cultural context of the patients at the didgʷálič Wellness Center. Understanding the role of trauma, historical, community, family, and personal in wellness and recovery.
- Understands and adheres to state (RCW, WAC) and federal confidentiality regulations (42 CFR part 2). Applicants must conduct self ethically and professionally at all times.
- Basic computer and software experience using MS Office products.
- The ability to communicate effectively with patients and their families, to organize schedules and files are essential.
- Knowledge of chemical dependency and its effects on individuals, families, and communities is required.
- Applicants shall understand and adhere to state and federal confidentiality regulations.
- Applicants shall conduct themselves ethically and professionally at all times, adhering to the agency Code of Ethics.
- Applicants must be of the conviction that chemical dependency is a treatable illness and constitutes a public health problem.
- Must pass extensive criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Job Type: Full-time