Responsible for managing the execution of project Scope of Work consistent with the Company Unified Design Standards for stores. Ensures compliance with quality control procedures. Develops knowledge of building architecture, interior design guidelines and protocols according to state and local jurisdictional mandates, Company standards and best practices to ensure appropriate design of retail and non-retail buildings.
- Responsible for managing the execution of project Scope of Work for site specific retail and non-retail projects, adapts Company Unified Design Standards, Guidelines, and Business Unit request, and communicates deviations, in alignment with Company business objectives.
- Continuously improves processes and works with internal and external business partners to assure site specific quality control and provides continuously feedback to Store Development team.
- Works cross-functionally to assure designs are within budget and best represent the brand identity.
- Subject matter expert in the negotiation consultant contracts and lead teams of design professionals retained for the design of the Scope of Work in compliance with Company Unified Design Standards and goals.
- Adapts Company Unified Design Standards, Guidelines, and Business Unit request to the site specific Scope of Work.
- Manages project through the development of the Scope of Work to align with Company business objectives.
- Reports on progress and using lessons learned and best practices from prior projects to re-inject learning's into new projects and provide feedback to the Company Unified Design Standards
- Coordinates creative solutions across multiple departments and areas of expertise.
- Performs all aspects of conceptual design, including space planning, interior elevations, adaption of finish materials, and application of brand and design guidelines.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in Interior Design, Store Planning, and/or Architecture OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in Interior Design, Store Planning, and/or Architecture
- At least 3 years of experience managing and working with design guideline and design standards for multi-unit retail.
- At least 3 years of experience with architectural/site plan design, including items such as cost and quality control, material/equipment installation, bidding practices, material and labor costs.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- At least 1 year of experience in building, maintaining and managing (< $0.5m) capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience establishing, managing, and working with retail store planning and construction budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience managing teams in a matrixed environment, managing external resources, and/or developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or Interior Design.
- Experience with ADA and International Building Codes.
- Experience in retail / healthcare industry.
Education Level : High School Diploma/GED
Job Type: Full-time