The Staff Consultant-Financial Management & Disbursements is responsible for providing various tasks and services regarding work related to processing financial management and fund disbursement activities including processes, procedures, payment, reconciliation, and reporting for various projects related to private funds, Qualified Settlement Funds (QSF), and funds issued by federal, state, and local governments in support of related firm initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field is required
- 1+ years of related experience is preferred.
- Able to professionally and appropriately communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Able to work within a diverse team and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Technically proficient with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with software tools including, but not limited to, the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and other software programs such as Adobe, along with technologies for scheduling, travel and expense reporting and timekeeping.
- Must be able to work extended hours during the workweek or on weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel and work from different company and client locations.
- Must reach P&N and client offices in a timely manner and ready to perform job responsibilities.
- Completes, analyzes and reports on project goals and objectives while ensuring proper time management and productivity.
- Reviews, documents, and creates reports relevant to financial transactions.
- Prepares relevant internal & external reports including reconciliation and resolution of related financial reporting issues.
- Creates and maintains financial records and relevant reports in accordance with project compliance requirements.
- Maintains accounting and program internal controls; documents and escalates any findings and makes recommendations for improvements, as needed.
- Performs quality control review of funds disbursement activities. Communicates with supervisor any obstacles or items of concern.
- Plans, coordinates and completes all aspects of disbursements related to project administration, including check testing and printing, check reissues, electronic payment methods, Positive Pay exception resolution, data management with appropriate system of record, unclaimed funds bank reconciliations, and administrative payments.
- Documents procedures performed, findings and/or other issues and drafts/compiles work papers, reports and client correspondence exhibiting effective writing skills.
- Partners with internal tax professionals to complete the execution and delivery of tax filings for federal, state and local authorities, TIN matching, 1099 processing, and monthly accounting procedures, as projects require.
- Participates in activities and supports relationships with external process partners.
- Maintains required CPE hours for firm and licensing standards.
- Provide courteous and prompt service to all internal and external parties. Prioritize and address requests and assignments in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Identify opportunities and recommend methods to improve service, work processes and financial performance (e.g., procedure optimization). Lead the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
- Actively support teamwork throughout the organization.
- Perform other services as assigned.
- May be required to travel and work from different company and client locations.
- May be required to work extended/overtime hours during workweek and/or on weekends as needed
- Must be able to reach P&N’s office in a timely manner and be ready to perform job responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to focus. This position spends a significant amount of time sitting and operating a computer. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. The work environment is considered to be that of a typical business/office operation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.