As a leader in the Construction Industry since 1959, Dustin Construction proudly serves the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area, and appreciates the opportunities to better our surrounding communities. Dustin is a family owned and operated company with a remarkable portfolio that includes a collection of diverse commercial, governmental, education and private projects.
Dustin Construction is seeking a highly motivated staff accountant to join our team. The staff accountant reports to the CFO and Controller and is responsible for supporting all relevant accounting functions for the company.
· Prepare, enter and code AR billings and monthly requisitions accurately.
· Process subcontractor billings and AP invoices.
· Interact with vendors regarding invoice issues, loyalty discounts, and billing credits.
· Track and resolve outstanding invoice issues.
· Ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable and any AP issues, purchase orders etc.
· Assertive but tactful in communicating, discussing, and resolving accounting related problems with internal team members and outside vendors.
· Set up, process, and review project change orders.
· Review project purchase orders for any discrepancies and work with project management teams to ensure costs are applied to correct cost codes.
· Review, submit, and file certified payroll reports.
· Review and coordinate payment and release of subcontractor checks.
· Manage any special payment terms/joint check agreements.
· Prepare and process lien waivers.
· Process and generate 1099 Forms as necessary.
· Complete various monthly reconciliations including company credit card bill.
· Manage and oversee company EZpass account.
· Assist with monthly, quarterly, and yearly close processes as directed.
· Assist project teams with reports/data as requested.
· Maintain historical records by filing away invoices, purchase orders, and other accounting related documents.
· Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested by management.
Desired Skills & Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience as a staff accountant.
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
· Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel required.
· Experience working with Sage Timberline desired.
· Well-organized with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Requires strong communication skills, both written and oral.
· Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively on teams.
· Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment to meet deadlines with quality results.
· Self-motivated and able to take initiative to identify and solve problems.
· Able to work 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday with occasional overtime.
· Able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and remain in static positions for duration of shift.
Only local candidates will be accepted.
This position does not provide relocation expenses.
Recruiters: DO NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page: