Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources is seeking a dedicated and energetic Crisis Community Support Specialist
to provide intensive case management services to adults with a serious mental illness diagnosis as part of a team in Hattiesburg, MS. Scheduled on-call duties required. The Crisis Community Support Specialist position plays a vital role in providing case management services to those with a long-term mental illness maintain emotional and mental stability, and developing a more satisfying and productive life. In this role, the Crisis Community Support Specialist will have contact with each individual as much as necessary to maintain stability. This role will help the individual set goals and work toward accomplishing specific objectives.
For 40 years, Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources has served individuals throughout the Pine Belt. Through an extensive continuum of care, we strive to enable adults with serious mental illnesses, children with serious emotional disturbances, and individuals with an addiction or developmental disability to live, work, learn, and participate fully in their communities. Our thirteen county service area includes Forrest, Hancock, Harrison, Jones, Lamar, Covington, Greene, Jeff Davis, Marion, Pearl River, Perry, Stone and Wayne Counties.
Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources offers a competitive benefits package including employer paid life insurance and LTD, along with optional Health, Dental, Vision, FSA and HSA, and 403(b) plan.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral healthcare required
- Must have reliable transportation to provide community services
- Must have a valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record
- Must be able to obtain DMH case management certification within 60 days of hire
- Must have auto insurance liability limits of 100,000/300,000/50,000 within 1 month of hire
- Behavioral healthcare experience preferred
- Excellent communications skills required
- Assists with medication monitoring and system navigation.
- Assists with outreach of program and case management.
- Demonstrates knowledge of diagnosis, signs and symptoms of relapse, medication information, and knowledge of community resources to explore all alternatives to hospitalization.
- Facilitates Person Centered Planning meetings.
- Provides advocacy, consultation, and educational services.
- Provides outpatient social services linkage, emergency intervention, and crisis intervention services.
- Provides services to clients through home or community visits.