On Lok Lifeways
We are a non-profit committed to our participants. On Lok Lifeways PACE long term senior care is provided by On Lok Senior Health Services, a 501(c)(3) non-profit
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
On Lok, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization founded in the early 1970s by a group of citizens concerned about the plight of elders and the lack of long term options in the community. On Lok, Inc. serves as the administrative arm of a group of five affiliated non-profit organizations. Its functions include research and development, human resources, fundraising and management information systems.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of the Center/Program Manager, the Geriatric Aide I provides personal care services to On Lok participants in the Day Health Center and/or in the participant's home.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides personal care/escort assistance according to the individual treatment plan (i.e. grooming, dressing, pericare, showers, bathing, toileting, housekeeping, meal preparation/feeding, laundry, shopping) and reports observed changes in the participant's condition.
2. Demonstrates safe practices, by utilizing proper body mechanics, adhering to universal precautions, and maintaining environmental safety.
3. Interacts and provides services to participants, families and team members in a professional manner (i.e. encourage participation in conversation and activities). Communicates observations to team members.
4. Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
1. Demonstrates interest, ability, and one-year experience working with the elderly or frail population.
2. HHA or CNA license preferred.
3. Ability to work independently and as part of interdisciplinary team.
4. Bilingual ability may be required for specific assignments.
5. Physical activities require the ability to stoop, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, talk, hear, and repetitive motion of the wrist and hands.
6. Physical requirement: visual acuity and the ability to lift/move up to 75 lbs. occasionally and up to 50 lbs. frequently.
7. Must be flexible to work assigned shifts in center and/or private homes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed. They are not considered as an exhaustive list of all job tasks performed. On Lok reserves the right to change job descriptions, work hours or work sites as required by the program.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any position for 20 hr/wk or more):
Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pet Insurance and additional discounts
Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance