VideoElephant is a dynamic and rapidly growing video content syndication company. We work with many of the leading publishers and media companies around the globe providing them with high value, premium video content.
We are now looking for an ambitious and energetic Senior Director of Content Acquisition to join our US-based team to expand our content partner network.
VideoElephant is seeking a highly experienced and driven individual to head up our content partner expansion in the US and overseas. The role will involve identifying potential content partners, driving new business opportunities, leading agreement negotiations and day to day management of new and existing key relationships.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced business development executive with a track record of driving growth and maximizing revenue within the video industry. They will have 5+ years experience in the acquisition or syndication of digital video content. The candidate should have a broad knowledge of the online video including MVPD/OTT/CTV. They will preferably have a network of contacts in the digital publishing space including content providers, news agencies and broadcasters. They will have a keen interest in the digital video space will be an expert in identifying audience trends and industry demand.
The role will include attending events and related business development activities and initiatives, working closely with the sales and content teams in the US and Dublin to identify customer demand and will include regular travel.
- Identifying and establishing relationships with potential content partners
- Negotiating and closing new partner agreements
- Contributing to general content strategy
- Identifying content demand and have the ability to meet client requirements rapidly
- Creating and managing a consistent pipeline of qualified opportunities
- Meeting monthly and quarterly KPIs and establishing contracts with key prospects
- Attending industry events, conferences and other networking opportunities
- Working closely with the business development and sales development teams
- Account management of new and existing content partners
- Minimum 5 years experience in digital video acquisition, syndication or distribution with a business development background
- Preferably experience in a digital-first media company, social video creator, multi-channel network, publisher with a high volume of video production or video-sharing platform
- Experience of the OTT / CTV landscape and ecosystem would be advantageous
- Knowledge and experience in digital media, online publishing and the digital publishing landscape generally
- Ability to identify emerging trends in video content
- Regular US & International travel
- Knowledge of video delivery methods and formats
- A deep knowledge of and interest in online video
- Excellent communicator with a proven track record and ability to create lasting relationships
Package and benefits
We offer a very generous salary, bonus scheme and other benefits in line with experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract