The Senior Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the development and administration of Employee Relations programs to include performance enrichment and management, employee advocacy, compliance of certifications and licensure, exit interviews and unemployment. This includes administration of all human resources activities in compliance with company policy, standards of performance, and legal requirements. The Senior Human Resources Generalist will research and analyze Human Resources related data and provide reporting to Management. This position requires an extreme attention to detail and excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Provides day to day consultation, guidance and coaching on performance management and HR policy interpretation to management (coaching, counseling, performance enrichment, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Manages and tracks all employee progressive discipline.
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Represents and/or coordinates representation for the company for any unemployment claims.
- Monitors and administers performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of state and federal regulations and legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Researches, completes and analyzes Human Resources related reporting and report findings to Management
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Maintains company policies adhering to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field, preferred.
- Five years of Human Resources experience required with a minimum of 2 years related experience specific to Employee Relations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with all levels within the organization.
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS systems.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong initiative and solid judgment abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with Employment Law.
- Ability to travel on short notice.
Job Type: Full-time