Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
Individual will routinely perform in vivo animal models and use techniques in cell and molecular biology to support the development of new implantable biomaterials to support Allergan’s Medical Device breast aesthetics and dermal fillers franchises. Under general supervision, the candidate will be expected to develop, implement, and analyze new assays/results tailored to the in vivo and in vitro evaluation of cell/tissue interactions with novel materials. Techniques employed will include animal surgery, cell and tissue culture, microscopy, PCR, ELISA, histology and flow cytometry evaluations of cells and tissues. Additional day-to-day activities may include statistical analysis, staying current in the relative therapeutic areas, and some lab support activities. Creativity, attention to detail, strong communication skills, as well as the ability to successfully operate independently and as part of a team-based environment is crucial.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Planning, development, and execution of in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo scientific studies for evaluation of safety and efficacy of novel and existing device products
- Analysis and interpretation of results, preparation of written and oral presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Actively work in a team environment, with frequent communication and interaction with colleagues in Research and Product Development.
- Writes, reviews and issues technical reports, technical memoranda, scientific publications and other documents for internal and external distribution.
- Experience in a medical device, pharmaceutical, or related setting a plus
- Practice conducting small animal surgical procedures and willingness to perform in vivo research activities required
- Training using various cell and molecular biology techniques (e.g. PCR, ELISA)
- Involvement with performing cell/tissue based assays a plus
- Previous experience with hyaluronic acid or silicone-based biomaterials research a plus
- Working knowledge of general laboratory techniques, procedures, and documentation practices required
- Creativity, strong verbal and written communication skills, and strong scientific skills
- Technical report writing proficiency
- Ability to work effectively in independent and team settings
- Attention to detail and quality of work required
- Understanding of statistical principles is highly desirable
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills required
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of post-graduate experience in industry OR an advanced degree (Master’s, PhD) with equivalent experience. Degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline (cell biology, molecular biology, bioengineering or similar).