As Development Director, you have an opportunity to join a brand-new staff that will lead a successful organization into one of longevity and sustainability. SIM-MT is an exciting young 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that provides medical education to rural emergency medical and healthcare providers throughout the State of Montana. Highly trained educators travel the state in specially equipped semi-trucks taking the training to the students. This is a trail-blazing organization! It is the only mobile simulation program accredited by the Society for Simulation in Health Care in the WORLD! (https://mobilesimmontana.org)
SIM-MT, initially funded by the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust, has just hired an Executive Director and is now hiring its first Development Director. With eight Board of Directors and a very involved contractor/partner with a staff of 18 who provide the education, the organization is growing and aims to achieve full self-sustainability in two years. From there, the expansion opportunities are unlimited. The Montana Medical Association, Montana’s premier medical organization, is proud to provide administrative support.
This provides an opportunity for an outgoing, enthusiastic individual with great people skills, good networking experience with funding organizations and a demonstrated track-record of highly successful non-profit fund- raising to help make SIM-MT a sustainable organization that continues to help save people’s lives. You should be a compelling public speaker and an excellent writer who can make exciting, convincing arguments for your causes briefly and succinctly. You must demonstrate that you can achieve amazing fund-raising in a short time period – regardless of the cause. We are looking for the Development Director to produce results quickly. Your resume and references must verify that you can do all of the things that a Development Director does: Develop long range fundraising strategies, generate new revenue and donor ideas, support the Executive Director and Board members in finding and cultivating major donors, developing corporate sponsorship programs, managing donor tracking data bases, writing grant proposals, developing budgets, developing and maintaining liaisons with customers, foundations and grant organizations and assisting in public relations.
Bottom line: You are responsible for securing funding from a variety of sources to ensure the financial viability of this vibrant, non-profit life-saving organization.
The position reports to the Executive Director and administratively to the Montana Medical Association CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Relevant advanced degree (MBA, business, finance, accounting or management preferred)
- At least four years of development/fundraising experience with a proven track record of increasing donor bases in a non-profit organization
- Certification Fundraising Executive (CFRE) credential is a plus, but not a requirement
- Enthusiastic leader capable of working well with diverse clients and convincing them to support the SIM-MT mission
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who can craft creative solutions and open doors to new donor relationships
- Excellent listener who can also compel audiences through writing and speaking
- Well-developed database, spreadsheet and word processing computer skills
- Proven marketing and public/media relations abilities
- Organizational ability and attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven leadership skills
Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and average 40 hours a week. There will be variations in work hours due to special projects, deadlines, and other concerns. This position requires up to 50% travel.
Salary is commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefits package includes health, dental and vision insurance, retirement and PTO.
Submit a cover letter and resume. The cover letter should not exceed one page and should attempt to convince SIM-MT why you should be hired. The letter will be considered as an example of your persuasive writing skills and will be considered a part of your job application. If the letter does not follow these instructions, SIM-MT reserves the right to reject your application.
We also require three professional references (with contact information) who can speak to your abilities.
The letter and resume should be sent to:
Darrell Ehrlick, Executive Director of SIM-Montana.
April 24, 2020
Job Type: Full-time
- fund raising: 4 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page: