JOB TITLE: Wedding and Social Sales Manager
DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
REPORTS TO: Director of Catering & Conference Services
Responsible for all areas of the Catering Department, to include, but not limited to, inquiry phone calls, booking weddings, social events, small corporate meetings, site inspections, selection process, proposal writing, ordering entertainment, floral, linens, equipment, overall operations of “day of” functions, assist with the promoting, selling and arranging details with vendors and staff, communicating of program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively deliver required sales targets by prospecting new business and maintaining and building professional and trusted relationships with existing businesses and clients
- Plan for and execute inside/outside calls, site visits, sales events, receptions, etc. with Association Executives, Third Parties and other intermediaries.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: Hotel policies and procedures, Safety guidelines, Hotel function space, Menus, and Hotel banquet equipment
- Develop and implement specific marketing plans for assigned market segments and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients
- Maintain all account activities; coordinate with rooms division and conference services to insure all booking details are complete.
- Participate in Sales Team meetings to review policy, procedure, client events, and team discussions.
- Understand full service sales strategies, strengths and weaknesses, and of competitor hotels.
- Communicate all group information to hotel departments to ensure superior execution and customer service to your clients.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of our portfolio of hotels, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Advanced knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
Perform any other related job duties assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ previous hotel sales experience (multi-property preferred) with an emphasis on the Association Market and a proven track record of consistent success.
- Appropriate combination of education and experience to support on the job effectiveness will be considered.
- Experience with multiple hotel brands (Hilton, IHG, Marriott, etc.) is highly preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence in representing the hotel within various business settings, and ability to connect quickly and effortlessly with potential clients.
- Energy and capability for continued self-motivation, with intrinsic competitive drive to achieve.
- Delphi and / or CI/TY experience
- Computer literacy, with ability to easily navigate database, browser, email, document and spreadsheet applications, as well as purchasing software and related programs.
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and as a part of a collaborative team.
- Flexibility and availability to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel periodically on behalf of the Company.
Job Type: Full-time