At Alpha Veterinary Services otherwise known as “AVS” has been poised with rapid growth development. We’re searching for a Partner Veterinarian to join our team at our “almost heaven” Kingwood, West Virginia hospital location. Just a 20 minute drive from the historical and growing city of Morgantown while being nestled in the Appalachian Mountains. We have worked hard to be the best and our mission is to provide the highest quality, compassionate veterinary care to our clients and their companion animals. We take pride in providing individual & personal attention to every client and their companion pet at every visit.
We're looking for a veterinarian who wants to work in a friendly, supportive atmosphere with other dedicated professionals. Our position also stands out from the others by offering much more than just employment, we are seeking an experienced veterinarian to collaborate with and care for patients. You will have the opportunity to buy in up to 49% of the practice and real estate, priced well under appraised value. A practicing partner has the potential of a net income of over 160k after debt paid in just in their first year of partnership. You will be joining an experienced team of staff members and partners that care for all of the behind the scenes business management so you can focus on doing what you love; practicing veterinary medicine. We're interested in talking to you if you're as committed to pet parent education as you are to treating animals and want to have your own clinic.
The Partner Veterinarian will lead our established Kingwood, WV veterinary hospital with direct oversight of team members and all services provided. This includes ensuring that all services meet the appropriate standards of AVS care. They will be responsible for providing high quality veterinary care and will be an integral component in building the success of our Kingwood, WV animal hospital.
The Partner Veterinarian will:
- Promote all hospital services (grooming, boarding, retail)
- Serve as a mentor and resource to all new associate veterinarians as we expand.
- Lead the veterinary hospital team through daily patient caseload and direct center team members in a positive and efficient manner.
- Oversee the care of all pets in the hospital and encourage collaboration and communication across hospital services.
- Participate with the AVS Management team with planning, budgeting, and review of hospital financial performance.
- Communicate with clients in a positive and efficient manner.
- Participate and collaborate with AVS in increasing gross revenue at the Kingwood, WV hospital and maintain positive, lasting relationships with clients and the Kingwood community.
In partnership with the AVS Management Partner Team, the Partner Veterinarian will also:
- Oversee and utilize their Practice Manager assigned:
- Hire and train pet center team members to deliver excellent veterinary care and an outstanding client experience.
- Address and resolve client concerns arising from care provided in the hospital.
- Lead development of medical, technical, and communication skills of all hospital team members.
- Oversee proper use and maintenance of all hospital equipment and facility cleanliness and adherence to brand standards.
- Help manage team member issues (scheduling, communication, development, discipline).
- Create a positive and collaborative working environment for all center team members.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for veterinarians with a deep appreciation for veterinary medicine. Candidates should be licensed veterinarians in good standing with the applicable state veterinary board. They should have 4-5 years of clinical experience and preferred 2-3 years of hospital level leadership (mentoring others) and excellent client communication skills.
Our ideal candidate has:
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- A collaborative mindset and the ability to be adaptable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent reputation.
- The business mind-set to drive financial results through quality veterinary medicine.
- Interest in the use of technology to advance the practice of veterinary medicine and the pet/pet parent experience.
- Enthusiasm about giving back to and building relationships with the local community.
- Client mindset with desire and ability to bring, build, and retain a strong client base.
- A passion for preventive care.
Compensation + Benefits
We offer a highly competitive package for Partner Veterinarians including an excellent base income of production, bonuses, profit sharing, short and long-term disability insurance, health benefits, continuing education, and retirement savings.
Priority of Wellness - Closed to veterinary appointments on Sundays, flexible scheduling, and a caseload that allows our team to spend more time with pets and their parents to offer the best experience possible.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Commission
Pay: $85,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay
- Commission Pay
- Signing Bonus
- Veterinary: 3 years (Preferred)
- West Virginia DVM (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible