TechPerm is looking to hire full time or contract for our Leidos/SSA contract in Woodlawn.
Must be USC/GC with ability to obtain public trust clearance.
The successful candidate will be involved in replacing legacy mainframe ALC code, with COBOL code.
This will involve the following:
- Analyzing functionality of identified code to be replaced
- Discovering through research what programs/systems use the code, including meeting with users of the code as necessary
- Considering alternatives for replacing the code, for example, rewriting it in straightforward maintainable COBOL or finding existing utilities which perform the same function.
- Comprehensive testing of created code and ensuring that all code is reviewed and documented.
- Coordinating with users of the old code to transition to the new code.
- Very high level of proficiency in Assembler Language Coding (ALC), not just some familiarity.
- High level of proficiency in COBOL
- Have excellent listening, note taking and writing skills,
- Have strong presentation skills and being able to explain technical concepts to non-technical individuals
- Have effective communication skills including verbal, both speaking and comprehension, as well as written, which includes preparation and comprehension
- Familiarity with the functionality in SSA's mainframe Systems in both the Validation and Production environments
- Extensive knowledge of Title II systems
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $77.00 to $93.00 /hour
- COBOL: 5 years (Preferred)
- ALC: 1 year (Required)
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply