The Balanced Hope Organization is a NYS certified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization built to aid in the betterment of youth and adults dealing with the complications of mental health. While pertaining to preservation and the prevention of mental health, The Balanced Hope Organization believes in helping others achieve their long term goals and dreams.
Overview of the Role (remotely based position)
We are seeking a highly organized, self motivated and creative problem solver to join our team of program coordinators that will aid in helping organizing and executing events and community activities to raise awareness and educating alongside others within the mental health community and professionals alike.
The program coordinator will building strong relationships with Rochester community centers, shelters, school administrations/teachers and professionals. A successful coordinator will have the ability to effectively manage their time and work collaboratively to achieve departmental goals.
- Help Create and Oversee community service projects, service learning programs and engagement strategies
- Work directly with Rochester directors to run regional service projects
- Keeping in contact with the financial and public relations departments to ensure that the organization initiative are funded and shared.
- Heavy communication with HQ in NYC
- Establish and build partnerships with community members and small businesses
- Maintain a line of contact with program staff in our affiliate area in NYC, along with strategy to help grow the organization.
- Must possess a four year degree or relevant experience in a similar position
- A strong leader, progressive problem solver and creative thinker
- A results oriented person and are interested in working independently towards a common goal
- Have experience and working knowledge in community service (some familiarity of Rochester Public and Private School system preferred but not required).
- Excellent project and process management skills, writing skills and attention to detail
- Clear and confident writer, able to communicate results so that they are actionable
- Passion for the service of others and the bettering of people dealing with mental health issues.
- Enjoy working with people from all walks of life
- Willing to work a flexible schedule
- Willing to work remotely
- Salary: Volunteer to start/Stipend
- Part-time hours: 10-20 hours per week
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
- Program Coordination: 2 years
- Administrative Support: 1 year