On Lok Lifeways
We are a non-profit committed to our participants. On Lok Lifeways PACE long term senior care is provided by On Lok Senior Health Services, a 501(c)(3) non-profit
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
On Lok, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization founded in the early 1970s by a group of citizens concerned about the plight of elders and the lack of long term options in the community. On Lok, Inc. serves as the administrative arm of a group of five affiliated non-profit organizations. Its functions include research and development, human resources, fundraising and management information systems.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the administrative direction and supervision of the Program/Center Manager and the clinical supervision of the Physical Therapy Program Specialist, the Physical Therapist provides and supervises treatment to On Lok participants.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Evaluates the participant's physical condition and functional status; establishes a realistic, measurable goal and sets up a treatment plan to administer physical therapy treatment.
2. Completes initial and re-evaluation reports in a timely manner; documents participant's progress and other relevant information.
3. Supervises the physical therapy assistant and rehab. aide; provides training/ instruction to other staff members, participants, and care givers, in the Day Health Center and / or at home, as needed.
4. Participates actively in the interdisciplinary team by offering clinical expertise in team planning, problem solving, and processes.
5. Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
1. Graduate of an approved university course in Physical Therapy.
2. Licensed by the Physical Therapy Examining Committee of the California Board of Medical Quality Assurance.
3. Minimum one to two years of experience working with the elderly or frail population required.
4. Flexibility, initiative and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
5. Computer literate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed. They are not considered as an exhaustive list of all job tasks performed. On Lok reserves the right to change job descriptions, work hours or work sites as required by the program.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any position for 20 hr/wk or more):
Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pet Insurance and additional discounts
Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance