Note: The is a temporary part- time position anticipated to last roughly 2 years with an expected end date of July, 2020. The hours will be roughly 20-30 per week.
Minnesota Census 2020 seeks an experienced strategic outreach professional to engage all Minnesotans in the 2020 Census. This individual brings to this role experience in the broad spectrum of outreach functions, from media relations to viral marketing, along with a passion for inclusion and equity.
As the 2020 Census Outreach Strategist, you will:
- Support efforts to count every single Minnesotan in 2020
- Design and execute outreach strategies involving social media, news outlets, earned and paid media including PSAs, websites, direct mail, print, and other methods
- Seek new and proven ways to reach people who are skeptical or fearful of government
- Engage with partner organizations to talk to diverse cultural communities in our state
- Think strategic and execute tactically
- Bachelor’s degree and (3) three years professional experience in communications, journalism, and/or related field.
- Experience developing and implementing media/engagement campaigns including print and digital media
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills to disseminate information to various community groups, government entities, and the media
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Basic knowledge of web publishing
- Ability to translate complex concepts and research to a lay audience
- Understanding of challenges facing 2020 Census complete count
- Possess a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- Master’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field
- Media and/or media relations experience
- Experience in the methods and techniques of:
- Presenting information (i.e. articles, newsletters, news releases, and web content)
- Interviewing and reporting
- Tailoring messages to appeal to different markets/interest groups
- Experience developing effective working relationships and coordinating activities with project teams from a wide variety of areas and disciplines
- Experience managing complex, public projects with multiple stakeholder groups
Successful applicants must pass a criminal background check through American Databank and employment reference checks
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Jess Fenlon at firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.