California Communications Access Foundation (CCAF) is seeking an SQL Business Intelligence Developer to provide support for the ongoing operations of California Communications Access Foundation (CCAF) and the Deaf and Disabled Telecommunications Program (DDTP) by extracting, compiling, validating, analyzing, and presenting data to Executive Management, Department Managers, Program staff, and the Program’s collaborating vendors. This position is located in Oakland, CA and requires the person to work on-site.
The Organization: Founded in 2003, CCAF serves the residents of California who are Deaf and disabled. Its mission is to serve as an educator, convener, and resource working collaboratively to ensure communications access for people with disabilities in California. With 90+ employees around the State, CCAF manages the Deaf & Disabled Telecommunications Program (DDTP) for the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), as well as the California Relay Service (CRS) and other related programs and services. At no-cost, DDTP provides specialized telephones and relay services to Californians with difficulty hearing, seeing, speaking, moving, and/or remembering through the California Telephone Access Program (CTAP) and the California Relay Service (CRS), respectively.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BI Development and Maintenance
- Generate monthly and other regularly occurring reports to provide data used by internal operations departments and data required by the California Public Utilities Commission. Perform critical analysis to validate the reliability of the data.
- Field ad-hoc data report requests used to support the full spectrum of DDTP operations, including the customer contact center, the equipment distribution center, the statewide Service Centers, the Marketing and Outreach programs, knowledge base and training functions, and equipment purchasing functions.
- Partner closely with internal departments to provide data-driven solutions and recommendations.
- Develop and maintain ETL processes, stored procedures, and online dynamic reports.
- Develop and maintain Executive Dashboard to visualize KPI’s from disparate data sources.
- Serve as primary point of contact for CCAF’s staff technical issues with the existing CRM system. Facilitate communication of these issues by creating support tickets and participate in weekly meetings with Equipment Processing Center (EPC) vendor to discuss all open issues.
- Perform regular data checks and run reports to detect any data quality problems or user errors. Troubleshoot data quality and reliability issues and recommend solutions to the EPC Database Administrator.
- Lead any User Acceptance Testing efforts as a result of any new functionality or Change Management Requests.
- Assist the CCAF trainer in producing user training material.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics and a minimum of 2 years of applicable professional experience in data analysis, operations, or Information Technology; AA/AS Degree and a minimum of 3 years of applicable professional experience; or a minimum of 5 years’ experience of applicable experience.
Technical and Mathematical Skills
- 4+ years’ experience writing T-SQL queries and stored procedures, designing database objects, and performance tuning.
- 4+ years working with relational database management systems (RDBMS).
- 3+ years development experience with MS SQL Server Data Tools (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel.
- Experience with CRM systems.
- Experience as a Project Lead or Project Coordinator.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills, including ability to present technical concepts in a clear, concise manner to audiences with varying levels of technical understanding.
- Good client management skills with the ability to document, analyze, and translate business requirements into technical requirements.
Technical and Mathematical Skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure.
- 1+ years developing Dashboards.
- Experience with Salesforce as an Administrator, Developer or implementer.
- Experience working as a project manager.
- Experience working with project management tools/software.
- Experience working as a systems or software/applications consultant.
- Experience working as systems or applications trainer.
Occasional travel, primarily within the state of California, maybe required.
WHAT WE OFFER
CCAF offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including a competitive salary, a bonus plan, medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) employer sponsored retirement plan, generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
TO BE CONSIDERED
Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the complete job description at www.ccaf.us/employment. Click the "Apply Now" button, respond to the questions, and paste your resume and cover letter (required) where indicated. Successful applicant must be able to pass a background check. Relocation expenses not reimbursed.
CCAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To learn more about the California Communications Access Foundation please visit us at http://www.ccaf.us.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $86,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: