South Bay Consulting seeks strong Project Manager to lead a new Identity Access Management System (IAMS) implementation. The new VCCS IAMS will be the identity and access authorization foundation for all enterprise systems.
As time permits, this resource will also be assigned to assist and mentor other Project Managers who are primary on other implementation projects, and possibly manage a secondary project. Other current projects in active or near active status include a PeopleSoft Financial Management Upgrade (version 9.1 to 9.2), and the implementation or upgrade of a Learning Management System (LMS).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Design and apply an appropriate framework for managing the IAMS project and any other project assigned
- Manage the production of required project deliverables.
- Plan, monitor and maintain a project management plan, inclusive of: charter, budget, schedule, communications, issues, risks (including development of contingency plans), resources, and quality assurance.
- Liaison with the PMO and related projects to ensure that work is not overlooked or duplicated, and that IAMS project impacts are communicated across other impacted projects and operations.
- Manage overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Manage change control and configuration management.
- Report through agreed reporting lines on project progress. Liaison with PMO to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project is traceable to organizational goals. Provide weekly project status reports.
- Manage project administration.
- Prepare a Lessons Learned report and organizational tie-in.
- Prepare a transition plan at project close, to include any follow-on action recommendations as required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field; or combination of relevant education and experience that provide the required level of knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the functions of the job requirements.
- Demonstrated, extensive IT project management experience, and substantial knowledge of PMI project management methodologies; a PMP is required.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of ERP, security, and other enterprise data systems, to include considerable experience managing and supervising functional and IT professionals and demonstrate impeccable project management skills.
- The Project Manager must possess the confidence to make decisions and take action without management input, but should also have judgment to seek management input as needed.
- The Project Manager will be an effective communicator and motivator.
- Demonstrated experience in managing, supervising, or leading a diverse team of business and information technology professionals.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in vendor and contract management, including budget management.
- Demonstrated experience in resource management.
- Experience in supporting the analysis and documentation of business needs in support of large scale, complex, commercial off-the-shelf software systems to meet those business needs.
- Proven track record of motivating highly skilled functional and technical staff to work together as a team and accomplish complicated tasks.
- IAMS experience.
- PeopleSoft Financial Management: Accounts Payable, Budgeting/Commitment Control, General Ledger, Purchasing and Asset Management, PeopleSoft Human Resource Management: Absence Management, Benefits, Human Resources, Payroll, Time and Labor, and/or Campus Solutions: Academic Advising, Academic Records, Admissions, Campus Community, Financial Aid, Student Records, Student Finance.
- LMS experience.
- Considerable working experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience using Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) tools.
- Prior experience with process improvement methodologies including ITIL.
Must be a US citizen, Legal Resident or authorized to work in the US
Position open for W2 or 1099 candidates
Pay rate all inclusive of travel and benefits
If C2C provide contact info and availability to transfer to W2
Job Type: Contract
- Risk Management: 5 years
- Project Manager for High Complexity/High Value IT Projects: 5 years
- Budget Management: 5 years
- Identity Access Management (HD): 3 years
- Technical Security Infrastructure (HD): 3 years
- PeopleSoft/Oracle ERP: 3 years
Required work authorization: