For Quick Screening: Call 310-355-8701
11 years in business and 91 Bravo has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in Los Angeles. We are the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services for light, medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers.
91 Bravo is currently hiring 3* Mobile Diesel Technician’s *to join our team.
If you are looking for a new place to call home, we would love to talk to you!
· Perform scheduled preventative maintenance (“PM”), DOT Inspections and follow up repairs to Class 6-8 trucks (light and heavy) in a mobile/field environment.
· Perform routine maintenance services such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment.
· Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Power steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
· Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
· Use of basic hand tools, air powered tools, precision instruments and welding equipment.
· Document and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed on service orders using a company issued Apple iPhone device and our Fullbay application.
· Obtain parts from approved local and national vendors as necessary for the repairs to be performed.
· Manage parts inventory and equipment provided on a service truck and perform periodic reconciliation.
· Communicate with administrative team via phone to obtain approvals and to discuss SO findings.
· Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
· Participate and complete all-in company required safety training.
· Establishes and maintains good working relationships with assigned customers and vendors. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Maintain company’s issued service truck, conduct safety checks and pre/post trip inspections.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Diesel Technician on Class 6 – 8 type of vehicles.
· Valid Driver’s License required. CDL-A preferred but not required.
· High School Diploma or and equivalent combination of education. Technical school is a plus.
· Must provide own hand tools that are adequate to perform job functions.
· Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and their drivers.
· Proficiency in the use of Apple iPhone / mobile devices, navigation of mobile applications and use of email to document repairs and communication. Ability to learn new platforms, such as Fullbay
· Willingness to work varied schedules and work outdoors / in the elements at customer yards/locations.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task and apply initiative.
· Positive attitude, safety conscious, good instincts, and self-motivated.
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks.
Why 91 Bravo?
· Excellent benefits: Medical, vision reimbursement and a 401(k) plan with company match.
· Strong values: We're family owned, we value our people and we have created a culture based on a strong core valves.
· Grow your skills: We'll set you up for success with great training, as you come on board and on an ongoing basis.
· Accelerate your career: History shows that strong performers can move up to a Lead or Manager role or follow other paths within our company.
· The stability of an industry leader: Our passion for quality work and excellent customer service have helped us dominate our market. Our customers include some of the nation's largest fleet operators.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Diesel engine repair: 4 years (Required)
- CA Drivers License (Required)
Work Location: In person