Job Title: Payroll/Tax Specialist
Work Location: Glenview, IL
Duration: 4 month contract
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm
Education/Experience Required: A high school diploma required. BA or BS is preferred.*
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Provides internal and external customer service through timely research and preparation of requested/necessary amended payroll tax returns and ensure the accuracy of our customers' federal, state and local filings.
- Prepares amended tax returns using 1099, internal software, Bloomberg BNA, or MasterTax systems to ensure accuracy of customer's payroll tax filings.
- Enters and processes payroll adjustments in our SureCalc system to update quarter-to-date and year-to-date wage and tax information for current year amended returns to ensure YTD data integrity.
- Researches tax amendments based on information provided by customers and partners in other departments, and make appropriate recommendations and any necessary tax filing changes.
- Utilize SalesForce and CSR Notes to manage their workload and productivity.
- Updates cases in SalesForce with appropriate status of the amended returns, entering comments/notes, and attaching completed amended returns to document work done, resent to the client and filed with the appropriate agency.
- Speaks with Customer Care staff members and/or directly with clients to gather necessary information and clarify inconsistent data needed to update any tax issues.
- Maintains our SLA (service level agreements) goal of 2-week turnaround time for the department to amend and return any findings to the client.
- Provide accurate, quality work, measured by having no more than 1% amendment rejection rate as measured by the department leadership.
- Provides insights into systemic payroll operational issues to the product management and technology teams to ensure fixes are made to avoid future taxation issues.
- May take incoming customer calls in the Customer Care queue as needed during peak periods such as year end
Skills & Qualifications:
- A high school diploma required. BA or BS is preferred.
- 2+ years of payroll processing, payroll tax or payroll analyst experience.
- Certified Payroll Professional certification or Certified Public Accountant certification, or degree in accounting is a plus.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $21.00 /hour
- Payroll Processing, Payroll Tax, or Payroll Analyst: 2 years (Required)
- Certified Payroll Professional (Preferred)