OFFICE OF THE ARIZONA ATTORNEY GENERAL
The position is open until filled, resumes will be reviewed weekly.
The Arizona Attorney General’s Office Operations Division/Information Services Section is seeking a Junior Systems Engineer. This position is responsible for the maintenance, support, and development of the AGO network and server infrastructure. Categorizes, isolates, and resolves network problems. Processes, documents, and coordinates resolution of trouble calls with help desk. Implements software patches, security fixes, and tests and validates modified system configurations. Ensures compliance with standards for systems software and documentation. Monitors system reliability and availability
- Travel is required for this position. A valid Arizona Driver’s License is required, along with consent to have your driving record run periodically.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 or more years of experience in systems administration (or equivalent experience).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of all infrastructure technologies
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
- Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
- Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
- Develop and write technical documentation
- Evaluate and test emerging technologies
- Apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met
- Install and repair PC/Server/Storage hardware and software
- Perform advanced design, maintenance and repair of servers
- Perform advanced information system configuration management
- Ideal Candidates will a minimum of 5 years of experience in support systems, systems architecture, and systems design, network troubleshooting
All applicants under serious consideration for hire with the Attorney General's Office are required to be fingerprinted by the Office and complete a criminal background check through State and Federal agencies. A job offer cannot be tendered until the candidate has successfully passed the initial background check. Your record does not automatically constitute a bar to employment. Factors such as, but not limited to, age at time of offense and age of offense, as well as the relationship between the offense and the job for which you apply will be taken into account.
During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the AG’s Human Resources office at (602) 542-8056 or via e-mail at [email protected]. The Arizona Office of the Attorney General does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age in its programs, activities or in its hiring and employment practices. The following division has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Operations Division, 2005 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85004, Phone: (602) 542-8056, Fax: (602) 542-8000.