The Marketing Department is seeking an interested candidate to join their corporate office team. This position is based at the corporate office in Knoxville, Tennessee and reports directly to the VP of Marketing & Communications.
Lead the public relations and public service initiatives for Regal through the supervision of various activities related to marketing, corporate communication and public relations including writing and distribution of press releases. Publish regular reports of all media coverage related to Regal, our markets, industry and competitors. Manage the administration of the Regal Foundation as directed by the Regal Foundation Board.
The Director of Public Relations and Public Service is an exempt position and is primarily responsible for:
Qualifications are as follows:
- Develop and execute promotional ideas and PR stunts which will capture the interest of both the media and consumers.
- Identify opportunities for local media coverage of key projects for the company.
- Increase positive media mentions in priority markets for the company.
- Produce press releases for multiple corporate communication goals.
- Gather and analyze news coverage related to Regal and our business interests.
- Create and maintain effective communication channels with internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as media spokesperson on behalf of the company.
- Detect public relations issues as they emerge and strategies to combat them.
- Supervise on-call calendar for monitoring media inquiries after hours and effective responses.
- Maintain press contact information for Regal markets.
- Assist in execution of marketing, public relations, promotions, charitable events and community affairs as directed.
- Required to travel on short notices for Marketing and PR initiatives.
- Formal education equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing plus 2 years experience, or 6 years experience in journalism or public relations required.
- The successful candidate must be a professional writer and excellent verbal communicator.
- Skills include writing, time management, research, data analysis, event planning, budgeting, cold-calling and public speaking.
- Spanish language proficiency and/or multi-cultural marketing experience preferred.
- Proficiency in records management, databases and spreadsheets preferred.
- Previous experience with Cision or similar PR analytical systems preferred.
- Possess seasoned and professional public speaking, and writing skills.
- Communicate appropriate and professional responses to members of the media, at times under stressful and adverse conditions.
- Interface and negotiate effectively with the public, superiors and co-workers.
- Resolve conflict and negotiate solutions either verbally or written for the most positive outcome for the company at times using your own judgment to execute such actions independently.
- Listen effectively, respond clearly and directly, prepare clear and concise written reports or records and professional presentation of information to others.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Perform calculations with speed and accuracy while identifying and correcting errors.
- Develop budgets to meet marketing goals while most efficiently utilizing dollars.
- Manage payment schedules and staying within tight budget guidelines.
- Perform under pressure and/or opposition at times relying on your own independent judgment and knowledge to decide the best directions and solutions.
- Take action beyond what is necessarily called for, and perform tasks at times without supervision.
- Identify problems, gather relevant data, determine and note possible causes of problems.
- Evaluate relevant information, recognize alternatives, and determine conclusions based on evidence.
- Establish goals, budget time, and set priorities to achieve desired objectives.