Executive Assistant - Enforcement, Litigation, Police, Investigations & Corporate Affairs-Legal Group-255197
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Primary Location NY-New York City
Full-time / Part-time Full-time
Employee Status Regular
Overtime Status Non-exempt
Job Type Experienced
Shift Day Job
The Legal Group comprises seven separate and distinct Functions: Legal, Bank Applications, Compliance, Corporate Secretary's Office (CSO), Federal Reserve Law Enforcement Unit (FRLEU), Records Management and newly created Group Operations and Strategy.
The Enforcement, Litigation, Police, Investigations and Corporate Affairs (ELPICA) Division of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (Bank) seeks a highly skilled executive assistant to provide administrative support to the attorneys and investigators in the division. Corporate Affairs attorneys advise Bank management and Human Resources regarding all employment law matters. Enforcement and litigation attorneys represent the Bank in litigation and conduct investigations relating to regulatory enforcement matters. Investigators are part of the Bank’s Financial Intelligence and Investigations Unit within the division and work with attorneys on enforcement matters, conduct internal investigations, and liaise with the law enforcement community. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized and detail-oriented. He/she also will possess strong interpersonal skills required to interact with clients at all levels within the institution as well as with external parties.
- Provide administrative support on a primary basis to multiple attorneys and investigators
- Engage with clients and other professionals in person and by phone with the utmost professionalism
- Manage calendar appointments for heavily scheduled attorneys and investigators; arrange, schedule and confirm meetings and handle miscellaneous services in connection with such meetings
- Coordinate and plan, in collaboration with the appropriate Bank business areas, large scale meetings and events
- Compose, proofread, and edit highly confidential memoranda and correspondence
- Coordinate travel arrangements and ensure timely processing of expense vouchers
- Provide backup administrative support to attorneys and investigators in ELPICA on an as-needed basis; proactively provide follow-up status to primary assistant
- Provide Reception Area coverage on an as-needed basis.
- Perform various projects and special assignments, as well as ad hoc administrative support duties, as assigned
- Excellent administrative and secretarial skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; working knowledge of Microsoft Power Point a plus
- Ability to prioritize numerous tasks and manage shifting priorities
- Extremely strong interpersonal/written communication skills and ability to work with management and staff
- Strong organizational skills, excellent telephone skills, and ability to interact tactfully with senior management
- Ability to display strong judgment and discretion in handling highly confidential information
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.