For over 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2015 sales and revenues of $47.011 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
As an Inspector at Caterpillar Inc., you will perform inspections of materials and verifies process results to ensure conformance to specifications, requirements, and guidelines.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Use precision measuring devices to effectively inspect parts
- Operate machinery such as hand tools, air tools, and torque wrenches
- Operate and program computerized inspection equipment such as FARO CMM
- Perform preventive maintenance as required
- Apply and correctly interpret reusability guidelines and determine disposition of materials
- Able to operate pallet jacks and other moving equipment
- Assist in the development of reusability guidelines and work instructions
- Responsible for identifying issues and initiating corrective action processes as necessary
- Perform 5S Audits
- Perform Safety Stop Audits observations as required
- Participate in the CI/PID Process
- Any duties or tasks that may be assigned to promote cross training or support for various areas of the shop
Top candidates will also have:
- Minimum 1 year experience in quality, inspection or machining
- Experience operating inspection equipment and gauges
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to be certified to operate forklift / man-lift
- Position is on 1st shift and located in West Fargo, ND
- No relocation is offered for this position
- Full time with benefits
- Wage range begins at $14.73
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the spam/junk folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
- United States-North Dakota-West Fargo
- Manufacturing & Supply Chain