Comcast Technology Solutions' purpose is to be the most valued partner to those leading the future of media and technology. Leveraging the most complete portfolio of capabilities, unmatched expertise and Comcast's unrivaled infrastructure, we help customers thrive in a rapidly evolving multi-platform world by powering extraordinary experiences to every screen. If you share a passion for contributing your talents to empowered teams, possess an entrepreneurial spirit and are driven by imagination and possibilities, we want to develop and grow your career at Comcast Technology Solutions.
Responsible for leading a team of Software Development Engineers in the planning and designing of software and web applications. Manages projects from design to testing, including new programs, enhancements, and modifications. Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to conduct testing. Has overall responsibility for developing/administering performance standards for organizational unit. Manages team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies and assists in the development and meetingof departmental budget.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Oversees the planning and designing of software and web applications, including new programs, enhancements, and modifications.
- Provides guidance to Software Engineering team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as primary point of contact and liaison between Software Engineering and other teams.
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products and applications. Organizes software update process for existing applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines, specifications, and budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares periodic reports. Monitors and tracks project progress and reports findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Develops proposals, hardware/software changes and other capital expenditure projects.
- Manages professional and non-exempt employees, conducting work performance reviews and Ensures work performance is adhering to Company standards. Mentors, trains and develops staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Years of Experience
About Comcast IPCDN:
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
IPCDN / Traffic Control, is a quasi startup division within Comcast's Technology and Product Division and spun out from IP Video and online projects originated within Comcast Interactive Media is based in downtown Denver, CO. We are an open source based (Want to learn more? Visit https://trafficcontrol.apache.org/ ), IP content delivery infrastructure that's been built to deliver a broad mix of on-demand video, live TV streams and an assortment of other digital media to an array of connected devices in the home.
About VIPER (Video IP Engineering & Research)
The VIPER team is an organization within Comcast Technology Solutions which supports the Product Management, Research & Development, Engineering and Operations for Comcast's World Class Video Experiences in use by Comcast and Syndicated Partners. We support both legacy QAM Video Delivery and the Next Generation IP Video Platform infrastructure from Content Acquisition to the Player Consuming experiences we control the end-to-end Video delivery platforms. These platforms deliver video for live linear, video on-demand and cloud DVR services consumed by more than 20 million customers both in-home and out of home on stb's, connected tv, mobile and desktop products.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer