Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We’re currently looking for an Associate Product Manager to join us in our Southbrough, MA office.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Associate Product Manager will manage the day-to-day activities to support a portfolio of products that includes portfolio of Energy Products. The incumbent will "own their business" with specific Energy products and assist in defining the future strategy of Energy.
- Develop marketing plans for your portfolio of Olympus products.
- Maintain your expertise as the "product and clinical specialist" by attending procedures, courses, tradeshows, and staying abreast of industry changes and advancements.
- Assist in implementing the tactics that support the marketing strategies to include pricing, positioning, programs and promotions that are in line with the strategic business plan.
- Identify opportunities for product growth to bring to strategic team#s attention.
- Assist in promoting sales of Olympus products through attending trade shows and helping to organize and conduct workshops.
- Support the selling process by creating marketing collateral, tools and training presentations.
- Deliver training to Sales team and Olympus personnel to enable them to effectively sell and service Olympus products.
- Monitor sales and market trends and update forecasts as necessary to meet demand.
- Track and evaluate product performance and sales after product launch.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- EXTERNAL: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field is required; with a minimum of 2 years of experience in providing assistance in product development and applications support to customers, dealers, and sales personnel as it pertains to specific product base; OR, a Master's Degree is required with a minimum of 0-1 years of experience.
- INTERNAL: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field is required with a minimum of 1 year of Olympus experience combined sales/marketing/operations/sales support/upstream/R&D/service; OR, a Master's Degree is required with a minimum of 0-1 years Olympus combined experience as above.
- Must have the ability to travel 25-40% domestically and occasionally internationally.
- Ability to project a professional image and strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Self motivated, confident individual with outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Results-oriented individual with track record of meeting established goals and expanding market share.
- Ability to communicate effectively; expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience; delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener.
- Allocate time and attention based on what is the most important to achieve key goals and objectives; approaches work in an organized and systematic manner; effectively manages tasks, information, and requests.
- Ability to relate to all kinds of people regardless of background; finds topics and common interests that he/she can use to build rapport with others.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Work LocationSouthborough OAI
Auto req ID4326BR
Olympus America Inc
At Olympus, we put a lot of good back into the world, and what we do really matters. We are committed to making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling every day by crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies, microscopy, industrial solutions, cameras, and audio recorders.
We view our relationship with and commitment to our employees with the same passion. Everything we do at Olympus is a reflection of our vision, and everyone here helps to make it a reality. We’re invested in our employees, great ideas, and how they impact the communities around us. We see the world through multiple lenses and come together to find the right answers; the best solutions.
TRUE TO YOU. TRUE TO SOCIETY. TRUE TO LIFE.
Olympus America Inc
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled