Founded in 1925, ATCC is a non-profit organization with a mission to acquire, authenticate, preserve, develop, standardize, and distribute biological materials and information for the advancement and application of scientific knowledge.
The Senior Inventory Control Technician will administer activities of an ongoing inventory management program, as assigned by management, to ensure compliance with established procedures and service level agreements. The incumbent will produce and share detailed program status reports in compliance with established requirements. This position will assist management in the development of program activity schedules and in defining the departmental support necessary to maintain the schedules. The incumbent will recommend and participate in the implementation of program process improvements to optimize inventory accuracy and maintain maximum productivity levels. The incumbent will provide backup support to other inventory management programs, as necessary.
The incumbent will possess the ability to work and think independently; duties of this position are to be completed under minimal supervision. Discretion in handling assigned responsibilities, including the ability to resolve problems and exercise good judgment while maintaining confidentiality. Functions are to be completed in a timely manner with acceptable quality and will comply with all ATCC corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
Executes the program activity schedule to ensure compliance with established requirements; ensures the completion of all required inventory transactions in the company ERP system.
Works with cross-functional personnel to coordinate the timely completion of program related activities; ensures the accuracy of program related data entry and transactions into the company ERP system.
Tracks and compiles data for program key performance indicator (KPI) metrics; produces and submits detailed program performance reports in compliance with established requirements.
Assists in performing (normally delegated) program related tasks, as needed, to ensure appropriate service levels are maintained.
Participates in developing effective training content and providing training to personnel performing tasks identified as having high impact on program performance.
Works with key personnel to effectively implement process improvements to optimize inventory accuracy and maintain the highest possible productivity levels.
Maintains effective working relationships with internal business functions and any external business partners.
Performs ancillary inventory control tasks, as needed, to ensure departmental service levels are maintained.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of five (5) years of program relevant warehousing/repository/customer
and inventory control experience required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in administrating, or directly supporting the administrating of, an equivalent inventory management program, including ERP transactions.
- Self-starter, motivated and takes initiative; strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills; able to work collaboratively with all levels of staff to resolve problems and external partners to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- Seek, learn, and apply new skills/knowledge to perform job responsibilities.
- Attentive to detail with a high level of accuracy; exercise sound judgment and strong project management skills.
- Resourceful, diplomatic and professional; deliver outstanding customer service while managing relationships; a can-do attitude and work style that supports teamwork, collaboration and positive relationships.
- Adaptable; be able to shift priorities and focus as departmental and/or business demands change.
- Strong analytical skills and organized; completes tasks ahead of schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including excellent listening skills to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Position-relevant computer experience including Inventory Management functions within an ERP environment, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook is required; MS Excel skills in the range of high-intermediate to advanced are essential for this position.
- Follow all company safety practices, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and policies.
- Working competence with PCs including MS/Windows, MS/Excel, MS/Word and an ability to learn other MS/Windows based applications.
- APICS Certification a plus.
- Knowledge of methods to handle, process, and store biological specimens using a computerized storage and retrieval system.
- Knowledge of Universal Precautions, general laboratory and quality control/assurance procedures.
- Must be able to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of technical and professional personnel as well as with varied personalities.
- Ability to complete work under tight deadlines and have strong organizational skills
- Working with temperature sensitive materials
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- A college degree, with coursework in Supply Chain/Materials Management and/or relevant industry certifications.
- Experience gained within the Life Sciences industry, with inventory materials requiring maintenance of cold-chain.
- Experience with Microsoft AX.
- Experience within an ISO 9000 and/or cGMP work environment.