Campaign and Marketing Director
Major areas of responsibilities include directing the Annual Campaign, coordinating and directing all marketing and communication activities, including managing the United Way brand. Develop and implement the use of marketing materials, assume key responsibilities for all public relations and coordinate events. Oversee the design and update of the website and other electronic communication.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Oversee the implementation of UWNCI visual identity formats
2. Utilize United Way Worldwide branding and marketing support when appropriate
3. Oversee development and implementation of campaign, endowment and year-round marketing plans
4. Oversee development, updates and maintenance of website and social media
5. Develop and implement plan for feature articles, letters to the editor, press releases, newsletters and columns
B. Annual Campaign
1. Oversee the creation of the campaign video from script to production, working with video producer and designer
2. Develop campaign printed materials (brochures, pledge cards, posters, CEO booklets, etc.) Maintain inventory of campaign and marketing materials, and place orders as needed
3. Recruit and track businesses promoting annual campaign (through their marquees and other opportunities)
4. Develop campaign ads
5. Oversee the creation of the community campaign displays and logo thermometers; and develop and maintain the schedule
6. Provide leadership for and assist in the development and execution of campaign fundraising goals, objectives and strategies
7. Assist in the recruitment, training and management of campaign volunteers
8. Schedule, prepare agendas and attend meetings with campaign volunteers, community leaders and donor prospects as needed
9. Lead campaign volunteers in conducting the annual campaign
10. Assist in the research and analysis of campaign data and recommend strategies based on that research
11. Prepare and monitor the budget for the annual campaign
12. Develop and implement annual and long-range plans to maximize the success of annual fundraising
13. Supervise the research in and monitoring the quality of the donor database in conjunction with the
14. Provide information to finance committee on the development of campaign reports
15. Supervise the ongoing maintenance of the campaign database including quality control and continual accuracy improvement
C. Donor Engagement
1. Develop relationships and establish partnerships with community leaders
2. Research, identify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects
3. Speak about United Way of North Central Iowa (UWNCI) and annual campaign at campaign meetings, service clubs and other community meetings
D. Event Management
1. Form volunteer event committees as needed, and work with them on planning and implementing events
2. With event committee co-chairs, coordinate agendas, meetings and minutes of meetings
4. Plan and implement events (Campaign Kick-Off, Campaign Celebration, and other events as assigned)
5. Work with the Day of Caring Committee on the development and implementation of the Day of Caring for businesses and agencies
1. Serve as back-up for answering the phone and receiving visitors
2. Facilitate and take minutes at applicable meetings
3. Attend Board of Directors meetings and committee meetings as assigned by CEO
4. Represent UWNCI on community committees and at community functions as assigned
5. Understand and believe in the UWNCI vision and mission, and advocate for the vision and mission in the
North Central Iowa Communities
6. Seek out and participate in appropriate professional development opportunities
7. Work with CEO on special projects
8. Handle other responsibilities as determined by the CEO
Hold a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a background and credit check.
Prefer bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years of successful experience in marketing, communications, fundraising support, and event planning.
Strong written communication skills are required.
Knowledge of: design programs (such as Photoshop, InDesign); email marketing systems (such as Constant
Contact); and web hosting software (such as OneEach).
Knowledge of special event and entrepreneurial fundraising via web-based tools (Social Media, e-giving, etc.)
Ability to make timely decisions and operate effectively under pressure.
Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent organizational skills.
Ability to make timely decisions and operative effectively under pressure.
Ability to make presentations to large and small audiences.
Ability to work with community organizations; ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, volunteers, donors, agencies and the general public.
Reports to: United Way of North Central Iowa CEO
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule