Provides complex administrative support for department management. Coordinates and oversees the work of support staff.
1. Provides pre and post award management of grant projects ensuring compliance with proscribed budget parameters
2. Processes all lab orders ensuring expenses are appropriately charged.
3. Maintains budget records, such as reconciling accounts and preparing expenditure statements.
5. Assists in the preparation of grant proposals, research materials, and outreach publications for Nanotechnology Training Program.
6. Recruits and offers program guidance to students offered fellowships in the Graduate Nanotechnology Training Program.
7. Assists with the implementation of department and University policies and procedures.
8. Provides administrative support to upper level department management by scheduling appointments, coordinating meetings and conferences and maintaining and ordering office supplies.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Nearly continuously: office environment
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Associate degree in business or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education) and three years full-time secretarial experience required. Demonstrated human relations and effective written and verbal communication skills required. Knowledge of basic bookkeeping practices and direct supervisory experience preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Special Instructions Summary