Merakey is seeking an ER Manager to join our Human Resources team at our Philadelphia location on Wissahickon Ave.
Possibility to work remotely 2-3 days per week with on-site at Harrisburg office 1-2 days per week.
The Employee Relations Manager manages and collaborates with operations to ensure appropriate resolutions are being recommended regarding corrective actions, investigations, and HR policies. Provides consultative advice for reducing risk of legal pitfalls, while promoting a positive work environment.
- Handle all aspects of employee relations issues -- investigation, research, communication with all parties involved, summary and next steps.
- Must have and maintain working knowledge of employee/labor relations, coaching & counseling employees, conducting internal investigations, and federal, state, and local employment laws (including but not limited to: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, EEOC/PHRC, HIPAA, COBRA, FLSA, ADAA, workers compensation, and FMLA leave of absence laws).
- Assist management in creating and administering corrective actions.
- Assist management with creating and administering performance improvement plans.
- Assist management with terminations when necessary.
- Address education and training opportunities regarding ER issues with management and staff when appropriate and applicable.
- Create solid relationship with the management teams she/he supports.
- Be viewed as a resource to Merakey management.
- Ability to deal with difficult subjects and have hard conversations.
- Work with other members of HR team to support Operations when necessary.
- Partner with Labor Specialists with regards to interpreting contracts, grievances and mediation etc.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Act as liaison with Merakey's legal department on third party charges, inquiries, complaints, etc. related to employees.
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
For more information on Merakey and our various divisions, please visit: www.merakey.org
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY TODAY www.merakey.org/careers
Requisition # 52014
- Bachelors in HR or business required.
- Masters in HR or business preferred.
- SHRM certificate preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years in HR required.
- A minimum of 3 years handling ER issues i.e. Investigations, ADA, Labor Relations within a Union and Non-Union environment.
- Ability to travel to program locations.P ERS ERM HR Human Resources Generalist Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled