Immediate openings for motivated individuals to serve as a technician for Smart Home and Smart Building systems installations. This includes a position where you will gain expertise in Security/Audio/Video/Network/Environmental Controls installations.
What you will do: Perform remote and on-site troubleshooting of residential and commercial systems and maintenance of networks, audio/video, lighting control, security, and hvac control systems with a specialization focus on IT and /Network Configuration.
- Document, maintain, support, and repair IT/network systems, distributed audio/video solutions, lighting & control systems, digital security surveillance systems (access control, alarm, and CCTV), video conferencing systems, smart battery-backups and other electronic system integration solutions based on blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans. Complete disconnects, upgrades, downgrades, pre-wires, multiple dwelling installations and customer education.
- Provide technical support on IT/Network, A/V hardware, control systems, and signal flow issues.
- Understand signal flow, control circuit, and AV and IT system designs for in-office and site installations.
- Maintain equipment and analyze operational malfunctioning with testing devices such as Fluke Networks certifiers, multimeters and test equipment to locate and diagnose nature of defect and ascertain repairs to be made. Test and repair circuits and sensors based on wiring and system specifications.
- Operate and test equipment to ensure elimination of malfunction.
- Lift and climb ladders to install, disconnect or repair necessary equipment.
- Maintain professional decorum appropriate to business and homes. A neat and professional appearance is necessary.
- Insure that company vehicle is stocked to insure proper installation and maintenance. Vehicle must be maintained, maintenance record documented and driven safely at all times and any mechanical problems reported to Supervisor.
- Create, update, and maintain IT and AV support tickets with accurate information and timeliness.
- Submit all documentation to proper parties including weekly expense reports, travel reports, installation work orders, and support ticket status.
- Self training and development of skills related to your position.
- Consistently meet productivity/unit/quality standards.
- Must perform work in compliance with all safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements:
- CCNA or ability obtain within reasonable time
- DCJS eligibility if required in the future
- CTS certification or ability obtain within reasonable time
- A degree in electronics from a technical/trade school and/or a solid understanding of IT infrastructure and electronics with related work experience.
- 5-7 years in a role with IT and/or A/V installations and responsibilities.
- Experience completing technical installation of audiovisual systems, including equipment rack fabrication, site preparation, termination and calibration of audio and video equipment
- Strong knowledge of A/V signal flow, wiring
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to terminate and test fiber-optic cables
- Knowledge of how to use electrical and electronic diagnostic tools.
- Computer Skills: MS Office, Google Mail, Bluebeam, CAD
- Expertise with Cisco/Meraki, Crestron, Lutron, Axis, Milestone and other similar technologies
- Strong understanding and application of relay devices including switches, sensors etc.
- Strong communication skills in order to effectively communicate with co-workers, management and customers.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Previous experience in working with the government is an advantage (security clearance)
- Preferred applicants should be able to discuss examples of completed projects and provide positive references
- Passion to proactively seek solutions
- Entrepreneurship, sense of urgency: The successful candidate will possess a high energy level which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self-confidence.
- Professional work ethic: The successful candidate will reject setbacks and will enthusiastically persist until any problems are resolved. The candidate will be resourceful and innovative in tackling complex issues.
- Image and presence: The successful candidate will have significant exposure to the customers and industry partners alike and must project the professional image of the company, both internally and externally.
- Accountability: The successful candidate should be a results oriented team player who leads by example, holds themselves accountable for performance and takes absolute ownership of issues and champions all aspects of installation and support.
Job Type: Full-time
- Network Technician: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)