Performs diverse and complex assignments in support of GEHC product development and manufacturing. The role develops lasting partnerships with internal and external customers and vendors to implement key projects that improve tools, process, productivity and compliance. Assignments may include, but are not limited to: set up and running of data acquisition equipment for tests, carrying out experiments, and reporting/documenting results of tests and measures.
- Test production assemblies and sub-assemblies for correct operation and compliance to performance specifications
- Interfaces with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of material and information
- Construct and assist in evaluating engineering models
- Perform basic trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution. Conduct experiments and diagnostic tests, as required to draw conclusions
- Perform software and hardware evaluation and implement plans using knowledge of product, system operation, intermodule interactions, engineering tolls, and interactive software tools as required
- Utilize basic technical communications throughout the new product cycle to improve internal models and/or externally sourced components in terms of system performance, reliability, functionality, and serviceability
- Provide evaluation, constructive feedback and leadership in the development of internal and external engineering, manufacturing, or service documentation
- Develop and execute training plans as required
- Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals
- Provide technical assistance by telephone or in person to customers, field service personnel, or suppliers
- Comply with EHS regulations and policies
- General direction is given in the execution of job related activities
1. Associates degree, or a High School diploma and 3 years experience in manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, purchasing, or related fields
2. Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem solving techniques
3. Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
4. Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
5. Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
6. Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines in fast paced, changing environment
7. Inclusive and collaborative reputation for working on cross-functional teams and delivering on the goals and expectations of the mission
8. Strong follow through/follow up and communication skills both written and verbal
9. Strong computer skills especially Windows, Outlook & Microsoft Office Suite
10. Minimum 1 year experience with Oracle, eNDON, eDHR, Trello or similar electronic manufacturing or production software systems and tools
1. Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Warehousing, Logistics, Engineering or Technology related fields
2. 5 years experience in materials planning or materials ordering
3. Materials Replenishment Planning system experience
4. 5 or more years experience using Oracle, eNDON, eDHR, Trello or similar electronic manufacturing or production software systems and tools
5. Basic knowledge of quality and inventory control
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
United States; South Carolina; Florence
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.