Public Area Attendant**
Maintain cleanliness of public areas in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
**Potential Career Path**
Room Inspector – Housekeeping Supervisor – Executive Housekeeper
**Essential Job Functions**
- Clean all hard and textile surfaces and restrooms within public space; and respond to guest room requests.
- Ensure internal windows and doorways are free of fingerprints and smudges.
- Ensure that furniture and hard surfaces of public areas are clean and organized.
- Ensure floors are free of debris.
- Clean any carpet spots.
- Ensureall surfaces of elevators are clean and free of debris.
- Empty all waste receptacles in public areas.
- Clean employee break room and employee restroom.
- Utilize chemicals according to directions and familiarize self with all Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Follow procedures concerning protection against blood borne pathogens.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous related experience preferred.
**Work Environment and Context**
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
**Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM)** is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
**Join the Legacy of Strength!**
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
**Serve. Stretch. Succeed.**
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.