PLEASE VISIT OUR WEB SITE JOBS.WEISMARKETS.COM
GO TO JOB LOCATIONS ON THE LEFT AND SELECT "DE - MILLSBORO" AND FIND "DELI SALES ASSOCIATE" TO APPLY
1. Keeps deli service areas well stocked and appealing at all times to meet customer demands. Smiles and greets customers, makes suggestions, handles any customer's questions or requests, provides samples, resolves customer issues promptly and politely.
2. Ensures freshness and condition of merchandise in display cases along with proper prices and correct signs. Handles spoiled or damaged products or products close to expiration according to company procedures and standards.
3. Adheres to company recipes and safety policies when making pizzas, hoagies, cold salads and other various hot or cold food items. Follows human and food safety practices.
4. Slices meats and cheeses to meet customer preferences. Weighs and wraps sliced foods and applies sticker showing price and weight. Prepares ready to eat food such as chicken, pizzas, hoagies and sandwiches to individual order of customers. Prepares platters of sliced meats, cheeses and vegetable trays. May require safe use of knives/kitchen utensils.
5. May operate and be responsible for cash register operations in certain stores. Follows policies to ensure proper money handling to avoid cash overages or shortages.
6. Responsible for conditions in the department. Follows cleaning schedules and department sanitation guidelines to ensure that work areas, counters, display cases, etc. are well maintained and clean. Disposes of trash properly.
7. Assists deli manager control inventory through proper ordering. Minimize losses by returning products to refrigeration, properly handling products, keeping necessary logs and following company recipes. May help receive, unload and check incoming product. Reports shortages and overages to manager.
8. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
9. May also be called upon to assist in other departments.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment utilized in moving merchandise. Must be 18 and trained in order to use most deli equipment including deli slicer. Ability to multi-task. Experience dealing with customers helpful.
Sight and peripheral vision
Lifting up to 60 lbs
Communication (both verbal & written)
Standing for extended periods
Reaching, bending for extended periods
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
Required work authorization: