YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY IS NOW BOARDING:
Join OTG as Director of Facilities now and drive a new type of hospitality experience at Newark Airport location. Discover career opportunities in a unique hospitality environment with some of the industry's best compensation and benefits, including PTO, Healthcare and a competitive 401k match.
WHAT IS OTG?
OTG has revolutionized the hospitality industry by pushing the boundaries of excellence. With more than 300 in-terminal dining and retail locations across 10 airports, OTG and its 5,000+ Crewmembers serve millions of travelers each year.
By joining our team, you’ll discover endless opportunities to explore, learn and realize your greatest potential in some of the most exciting hospitality environments around. And because our people drive our experiences, we offer some of the best compensation and benefits in the industry.
We transform airport experiences. You drive it.
The Director of Facilities is responsible for managing the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities. The position plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor materials and other related costs.
- Oversee the day-to-day facilities operation and associated staff management for all OTG Concessions and Offices, both nationally and internationally.
- Manage all facilities related tasks and coordination of all landlord performed maintenance work.
- Develop scope and negotiate RFP’s for facilities related contracts including, but not limited to, janitorial, trash, security monitoring, horticulture maintenance, fire system maintenance, hood and damper cleaning maintenance, redundant power systems (UPS, ATS Generators), critical HVAC systems, CCTV/Security cabling and hardware infrastructure, all kitchen related equipment, refrigeration and any system related to a safe and efficient concession operation.
- Develop staff, manage OTG facilities crew members, and cultivate facilities business partners.
- Maintain professional industry standings and engage in professional groups such as IFMA.
- Perform location studies and inspections.
- Implement a system for critical infrastructure emergency response.
- Develop alarm response protocol/MOP (method of procedure).
- Implement an administrate protocol interface to ensure timely issue responses and provide data for budget projections based on work measured by this system
- Manage and supervise the maintenance and operation of the OTG Headquarters.
- Assess and evaluate for yearly and term refurbishment projects.
- Plan and perform assignments with minimal supervision.
- Supervise and develop facilities crew members.
- Directly supervise professional consultants as necessary.
- Develop and implement manufacturers/industry best practices.
- Recommend and Implement Preventative Maintenance (PM) programs.
- Prepare Request for Proposal (RFP) documents for preventative maintenance contracts and refurbishment projects.
- Prepare and monitor budgets and monthly expenditures.
- Interface with airport authorities/owners/property managers.
- Perform plan reviews and provide written comments to airport and/or maintenance directives
- Ability to coordinate needs of the OTG Business units, contractors and airport facilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field, preferred
- Ten (10) years of facilities management experience
- Airline / Airport/ Food Concessions and commercial real estate facilities experience, preferred
- Advance understanding commercial facilities maintenance programs.
- Ability to develop and interpret capital cost estimates
- Proven contract negotiation skills
- Proficient in programming and planning
- Knowledge of the functionality of a Building Management System (BMS)
- Proven record of developing and managing budgets for multi building and geographically diverse real estate/facilities portfolios
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as prioritization and time management skills
- Familiarity with building systems (i.e. heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC), fire systems, hood and duct systems, plumbing, electrical and the like)
- Knowledge of information technology (IT) infrastructure systems
- Knowledge of power distribution systems, sewage ejection systems, fire protection and exhaust systems and Kitchen systems