+ Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information. • Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- U.S Citizenship/ Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Passion for technology and Information Security
- Pass a background check
- Punctual and organized
- 1-2 years of experience in network technology, management or operation with increasing responsibilities. Demonstrated oral and written communications skills. Previous security operations center (e.g., SOC) experience would be preferred.
- Knowledge of ITIL based service delivery principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to support projects and tasks within an agile and dynamic operational environment
- Previous experience working with cross functional and interdisciplinary project teams to achieve tactical and strategic objectives.
- General knowledge of network protocols, enterprise architecture, and network security systems and products
- Technical expertise that provides ability to deploy and maintain open source network security monitoring and assessment tools
- Solid writing skills to support technical user guide documentation, standard operating procedures, and response playbooks
- Ability to support developing and conducting detailed, technical, and hands on training
- Knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques
- Demonstrated analytical and communications skills
- Certification in one or more specific technologies
- Familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures
- Understanding of firewall theory and configuration
+ Minimum Education and Certifications:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field/Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field with adequate experience in the field of information security is acceptable.
Obtained certifications in one or more of the following preferred: CISSP, GIAC, CEH, CEH, CISM, Network+, A+, Security+, CCNA, +, CND-IR, GCIA, or GCIH certification