GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
In order to fulfill our Mission of providing Compassionate, Quality HealthCare, all employees of Genesis HealthCare System must be committed to living the Genesis Mission and Genesis values of Compassion, Trust, Innovation, and Excellence. All employees must regard themselves as an "owner" of Genesis and keep our patients at the center of everything we do - always .
Position Details :
FT 30-40 BENEFITS. FTE:
Genesis Healthplex Campus
Overview of position:
Analyzes, reconciles, records, and reports financial information for Genesis HealthCare System in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Provides adequate controls to safeguard the System’s assets and aids management’s decision-making analysis.
1. Prepares/distributes financial statements and related management reports for GHS and partner companies in a timely manner.
2. Reconciles bank statements to the cashbook file and the general ledger detail, posts adjusting entries accordingly on a monthly basis.
3. Collects and analyzes all relevant revenue/accounts receivable information from various reporting systems and posts appropriate journal entries monthly.
4. Maintains all supporting documentation in a neat and orderly manner.
5. Reviews financial data, considering both historical and present circumstances, for logical explanation of variances.
6. Reviews the accounts payable account analysis reports for posting discrepancies and makes correcting entries to the general ledger.
7. Maintains recurring journal entries and posts to the general ledger accordingly.
8. Inputs the annual operating budgets into the general ledger.
9. Prepares state sales tax reports and completes check requests as necessary.
10. Collects and analyzes capital requests, purchase orders and vendor invoices to document capital purchases within the fixed asset system monthly.
11. Reviews the capital-in-progress (CIP) accounts monthly and ensures timely capitalization of these assets.
12. Documents capital disposals within the fixed asset system as necessary.
13. Processes and posts depreciation expense and other fixed asset related entries monthly.
14. Reconciles the fixed asset register to the general ledger at least quarterly.
15. Invoices the Genesis HealthCare Foundation and outside parties for reimbursable capital and operating expenses monthly.
16. Reviews and posts all payroll journal entries and reconciles related expenses and liability accounts as necessary.
17. Submits federal payroll tax payments electronically and prepares forms 941 “Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return” quarterly.
18. Calculates workers compensation premiums and posts to the general ledger monthly, prepares corresponding wage reports biannually.
19. Calculates federal/state unemployment expense/liability, posts to the general ledger monthly, prepares corresponding forms quarterly.
20. Prepares check requests for distribution of all payroll liabilities as necessary.
21. Calculates state and city tax withholdings monthly and prepares reconciliation annually.
22. Calculates the affiliate employee health and life insurance premiums and posts to the general ledger monthly.
23. Prepares and distributes FTE/Salary Summary, Overtime and Hours Worked reports monthly.
Prepare grant reports and maintain necessary supporting documentation
1. Completion of bachelor’s degree in related field.
2. Knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP).
3. Strong mathematical and analytic skills.
4. Attention to detail and ability to write in order to explain or describe complex information.
5. Demonstrates appropriate problem-solving skills to accomplish work assignment .
6. Ability to comprehend and apply complex material such as financial reports, policies, etc.
7. Familiar with a PC and computer software, including spreadsheets, databases, and word processing applications.
Patient Centered Care & Behavioral Expectations at Genesis HealthCare System:
1. Living the Genesis Mission, Vision and Values:
- Performs work in a manner that is quality focused.
- Treats patients, co-workers, visitors and volunteers with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Results oriented and focused on achievement of objectives.
- Acknowledges and responds to the diversity of people and the situation.
- Encourages peers (others) to be owners of change.
- Always makes the effort to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Possesses the ability to engage others with patience and understanding.
- Acts in a manner that creates positive first and lasting impressions.
- Demonstrates the ability to own issues until they are resolved.
2. Patient Centered Care (patients/families, physicians, co-workers, all other internal/external customers)
- Introduces self and role…connects with everyone.
- Communicates effectively (i.e. advising others of actions, pertinent information, time durations, etc.) and asks for feedback.
- Asks for and anticipates needs and concerns of others.
- Maintains a positive work environment for staff and a healing environment for patients (i.e. safe, clean, quiet, etc.)
- Maintains the dignity and privacy of each person; manages confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Responds to requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Exits patient/customer encounters courteously, asking if there are additional needs that can be addressed.
3. Promotes Patient and Employee Safety
Working Conditions :
- Demonstrates safe Patient Handling (i.e. transfers, transport, care administration, nutrition, medication, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe Materials Handling (i.e. appropriate use and disposal of chemicals, infectious wastes, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infectious Disease precautions and use of proper protective equipment.
- Demonstrates Slips/Trips and Falls Awareness.
- Actively contributes to maintaining a safe, clean and quiet environment.
T he physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works in an office environment.
2. Employee has requirements to travel to other floors and to centralized files. May be required to drive to other locations. Answers telephone calls, uses personal computer and other business machines extensively, which requires the ability to apply finger dexterity. Individual bends, reaches, pushes and pulls file drawers to file records and reports.
3. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Vision abilities required include up close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
5. May be required to periodically rotate shifts and regular days off. All system employees must be willing to work all shifts, extra hours, holidays and emergency shifts as required.
Th is description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Genesis. Genesis is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Selection of applicants for employment is based only on qualifications and the requirements of a specific job.