We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy Conference Producer to lead the research, development and execution for Smithers Information select conferences and to the agreed standard and deadline. This position demands a team player who excels at research, program content development, project management, time management and excellent relationship-building skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Research, design and execute up to 8 annual conferences; drive their success from inception through onsite delivery
- Identify and recruit high quality speakers; you will be required to seek out the expertise of industry leaders and engage with senior decision makers from global companies to ensure that the intellectual content is engaging for the audience
- Work with subject matter experts to understand industry needs and goals and document objectives
- Attend conferences and successfully manage all on-site logistics including conducting the opening introduction, and providing exceptional speaker, vendor, and attendee support to gain valuable feedback for future project development
- Provide support in the sales and marketing process including list acquisition, copywriting and analyzing CRM database results develop segmented marketing lists and contribute towards the improvement and enhancement of our data
- Verify customer database records by email, fax, telephone and online research to ensure that records are accurate
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field
- 3 years of experience
- Exceptional time management, organization and project management skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- Strong research skills; creative and dynamic writing skills
- Position requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to create and/or manage existing computer spreadsheets and databases to maintain fidelity of a large amount of information (data and financial)
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism and a passion for the conference industry
- Ability to travel domestically as needed
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong commercial awareness
The Smithers Events team is growing fast and by joining at this exciting time you will be able to contribute meaningfully to the new topic pipeline, thereby helping to create new commercial opportunities that you will have ownership for success.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity, with the successful candidate given all the required training and close mentoring to develop their skills as a content producer, in a varied and fast-paced, friendly team within a global organization.