CapinCrouse is pleased to be assisting Seed Company in filling their Controller position.
SCOPE: Provide oversight to the day-to-day accounting, financial reporting, budget management, audit preparation, and payroll processes, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies. Interact with Seed Company departments to help design and implement solutions for their needs. Provide support to the Advancement Team in assisting with the investors’ needs and to the Field Team in assisting with the national partners’ needs.
- Manage the accounting processes including accounts payable, receivable, banking, payroll review, general journal entries, and other complex accounting transactions.
- Provide oversight to paid, supported, and volunteer staff to ensure activities comply with procedural guidelines.
- Assist with annual budget and planning process for the organization. Review, track and report on compliance with budget restraints.
- Manage banking activities including deposits, transfers, payments, and reconciliations. Manage cash flow and responsible for all treasury management decisions and strategy. Provide input to management related to bank relationship decisions.
- Manage the accounting for all contributions and income for Seed Company in compliance with U.S. tax code.
- Verify that payroll and benefits are in compliance with tax law and compensation records.
- Administer the month end closing procedures. Oversee the preparation and submission of month end closing reports to management.
- Oversee and manage decisions regarding the financial reporting processes to provide various periodic reports to management and other leaders. Help design systems and reports for teams to accommodate their initiatives. Oversee the funding, expense accounting, and financial reporting processes for project management.
- Provide support to outside auditors by closing out fiscal year and submitting all necessary items for auditors to prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP. Provide documentation and backup as requested.
- Design, build, and implement financial and accounting systems for various departments as requested.
- Assist our Field Operations and Global Initiatives Teams in periodically evaluating the needs of some of our national field partners’ financial systems and providing training of best practices in compliance with U.S. International Grant Agreement regulations.
- Respond to requests from Development that include interacting with investors, stock/mutual fund transfers, gift in kind donations, strategizing around the application of major gifts, and other relevant requests in compliance with U.S. tax code.
- Interview candidates, consult on and authorize hire of new staff, train and assign functional area staff. Provide direction and mentoring, develop and communicate performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of staff, both as a department and individually. Evaluate or consult on the evaluation of staff performance and provide counseling, cross training and coaching to employees.
- Strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior; God honoring lifestyle;
- Passion for the Word of God and provision of the Word for every people group;
- Championing Seed Company’s vision, mission, and values;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting or equivalent in experience.
- CPA license is preferred.
- Familiarity with non-profit accounting standards and financial statement preparation.
- 6 years of progressive supervisory experience leading an Accounting staff/team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and accounting software programs used by the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting Supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- Non-Profit: 1 year (Preferred)
- Arlington, TX (Preferred)