Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to support Chelmsford Operations in all human resources initiatives in support of the business strategy. This position will work with various functional client groups in support of an exempt and non-exempt salaried workforce including front line supervisors and management. Partnering with the HR Site Lead, the successful candidate will be a champion of Lockheed Martin's culture and values and will deliver HR initiatives and processes in the areas of employee relations, staffing, new employee orientation, talent management, promotion planning, performance management, compensation, training and development, EEO and diversity, and rewards and recognition. As a trusted advisor, the HR Business Partner will work closely with employees to confidentially address concerns, investigate and resolve complaints, and provide support, coaching and guidance to leadership in addressing employee relations and HR-related issues.
The individual selected for this position must be a self-starter with the ability to effectively influence and communicate, build strong relationships and become a trusted advisor. This individual must have a comprehensive knowledge of Human Resources and be able to leverage subject matter experts from HR Centers of Excellence to formulate and offer innovative and effective solutions. The candidate must be able to demonstrate business acumen and emotional intelligence as well as be an employee advocate.
This position requires the ability to obtain an interim DOD Secret security clearance prior to hire.
Chelmsford is a charming suburb of Boston located about 25 miles northwest of the city. Chelmsford is very close to historic Lowell Massachusetts and to Nashua, New Hampshire. Chelmsford is within reach of New Hampshire’s White Mountains and awesome ski areas to the north, and the scenic coastal towns of MA and NH are about an hour east. This scenic colonial region offers lots of New England charm, great schools, shopping, and restaurants. Chelmsford and the region share an impressive past from the early days after the pilgrims arrived in Plymouth to the revolutionary war. Where can you get to from Chelmsford? Chelmsford is about 90 minutes from Cape Cod. Boston is about 30 minutes to the east without traffic. New York City is about 4.5 hours away from Chelmsford. Waterville Valley and other major ski resorts of New Hampshire and Vermont are about 2 to 3 hours to the north. It should be noted that Chelmsford, Massachusetts is approximately 35 miles northwest of the Boston metropolitan area and offers better access to a wide range of substantially more affordable regions in the area to live. Those regions include Northeastern and North Central Massachusetts, and Southern, New Hampshire.
- BS/BA in HR, Business Administration or a related field
- 5+ years of HR Business Partner experience
- Experienced in MS Office tools and resources, specifically Excel, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Experience with HRIS Systems such as PeopleSoft, SAP, etc., with the ability to do reporting and analysis
- Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance
- Green Belt/Continuous Improvement training; Project Management skills
- Basic understanding of various employment laws (such as ADA, FLSA, Title VII, FMLA)
- Proven ability to prepare and present HR initiatives and programs to management and employees
- Excellent communication skills which includes the ability to speak, write and listen in a manner that clarifies issues, promotes closure and delivers information in a clear and concise manner and facilitates good decision making
- Candidate must also demonstrate good interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of leadership, employees and peers
- Ability to maintain company and employee confidentiality and handle sensitive proprietary information in an appropriate manner
- High level of energy needed for a fast-paced environment where multiple initiatives are happening simultaneously
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.