Mainframe Application Engineer
**W2 Contract to Hire (C2C or 3rdparty unavailable)**
Resource Solutions is working in partnership with JP Morgan Chase, one of the oldest financial institutions in the United States. With a history dating back over 200 years, and a presence in over 100 markets, JP Morgan Chase employs over 250,000 people globally.
Join our Mainframe Application team as we work on projects in our Consumer Banking Division related to the operation, maintenance and enhancements to our ATM and Debit Retail platforms. If you enjoy coding in the mainframe space (COBOL, CICS) and providing production support, this role may be perfect for you.
Work as a Software Engineer on the ATM and Debit Retail Mainframe team and be responsible for technically leading the application development team within Consumer Banking space. Candidates must demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills. In this position they will be expected to create technical specifications, build application code, test, and implement strategic and complex applications. In addition, Application Developer will be expected to provide Level 3 production support for the Debit Card Retail mainframe application.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 4-6 years of Application Development and Business Analysis experience on Mainframe Applications.
- Minimum of 3+ years technical experience with mainframe-based applications built with COBOL, CICS, JCL along with messaging TCP/IP, MQ, is a plus
- Experience in working on VSAM, ZEKE, File Aid, Changeman and AbendAid.
- Experience with Agile development is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent relevant experience in mainframe programming.
- Functional experience with change management, implementation planning and release management.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $55.00 - $65.00 per hour
- providing Level 3 support: 3 years (Required)
- COBOL, CICS, JCL: 3 years (Required)
- mainframe development: 4 years (Required)
- TCP/IP, MQ: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Columbus, OH 43240 (Required)
- This role is a contract with right to hire perm role; W2 only - C2C, 1099, or 3rd party not available. Do you still wish to discuss this role? Please let me know.
Full Time Opportunity:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19