The Houston Texans are seeking an individual for the position of Human Resources Assistant.
This role will provide support to the Human Resources department by assisting in areas such as recruitment and selection, onboarding, electronic document management and special projects as assigned while upholding a high level of professionalism, ethical standards and confidentiality.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
1. Dedication to the team
2. Be adaptable
3. Passion for work
4. Win with integrity
5. Own the outcome
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to being champions in every way.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain all employment records in the electronic document management system.
- Assume responsibility for distribution of routine departmental communications such as, but not limited to, monthly birthday announcements, office holiday reminders, and interview invitations.
- Assist with recruitment and selection activities including posting of available positions on the Club job board and screening job applicants based on key identifiers as assigned.
- Send in-person interview invitations, coordinate all in-person interview logistics and communicate with all applicants on position status as requested or as assigned.
- Assist with planning and execution of Human Resources projects and events such as, but not limited to, new hire orientations, trainings, Gameday Camp registration and career days.
- Provide exceptional internal and external customer service by providing timely, accurate information in response to HR-related inquiries or requests.
- Manage shared HR inbox.
- Order all office supplies for department and maintain supply of all routinely used supplies.
- Maintain confidentiality of all employment information and comply with all mandated privacy requirements.
- Perform various administrative and general office duties and various other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the HR Manager and Talent Acquisition Manager.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software.
- Proficiency in use of Internet for research purposes.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to successfully manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities in a high-volume, high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills with the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships within the department and across the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce high quality work under pressure and within designated deadlines.
- Ability to participate in and contribute to difficult conversations and develop conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction to complete personal goals and as a team member in order to accomplish department goals.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
Travel requirements: None
- Completion of, or in pursuit of, Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- Prior experience and/or course work in Human Resources or associated field required.
Title: Human Resources Assistant
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time