The DCAS Mailroom operation screens all incoming mail that arrives at the David N. Dinkins Municipal Building at One Centre Street, and provides delivery of incoming mail to DCAS Lines of Service throughout the building. Additionally, the Mailroom receives outgoing mail from all DCAS Lines of Service and assures that it is properly posted and mailed out.
The selected candidate will fill the position within the LOS Administration/Mail Services. Under supervision, the selected candidate will be responsible for performing the following:
- Receiving and processing incoming and outgoing mail/packages
- Delivering mail and packages to individuals and drop off points within the Agency as well as outside of the building
- Delivering mail and packages to other City Agencies according to established procedures and deadlines
- Operating mailing machines and generating end of the month reports
- Maintaining Mailroom Log Activity books, forms, and recording receipt of registered mail
- Coordinating incoming and outgoing deliveries with the United States Postal Service, UPS, FedEx, messengers, and other courier services
- Screening mail for contraband, hazardous devices or contaminants
- Answering inquiries regarding mailroom policies
- May be assigned other clerical duties/tasks as needed.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. There are no formal education or experience requirements for this position. However, the ability to understand and carry out simple instructions is required.
2. Candidates must be able to understand and be understood in English.
Please go to www.nyc.gov/jobs or www.nyc.gov/ess for current NYC employees and search for Job ID# 397050.
NO PHONE CALLS, FAXES OR PERSONAL INQUIRIES PERMITTED. NOTE:
ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.