The Lifeguard – Summer Camp is a temporary part-time summer position where you have the opportunity to make an impact. This position supports adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) who are participating in the Summer Day Camp Program at Mount Olivet Rolling Acres in Victoria, MN.
: June to August, Mon – Fri., 12pm to 3:30pm (some flexibility is helpful).
$12 per hour
Essential Job Functions and Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise swimmers
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all patrons
- Spot hazards and prevent accidents
- Enforce all rules in a professional manner
- Respond to emergencies
- Care for injuries, sudden illnesses, and other medical emergencies: give first aid, CPR, oxygen, etc.
- Works harmoniously with and shows due respect for other employees, supervisors, vendors and clients
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Certified in Life-guarding/First Aid/CPR
- Completed Water Rescue Training
- Proven knowledge of and/or ability to learn unique skills for serving people with ASD and other developmental disabilities
- Compatibility with MORA mission.
- Interest/experience in working with persons with ASD and other developmental disabilities
- must pass Department of Human Services background check and maintain “qualified” status
- must not be excluded from working in government health programs by the Office Of Inspector General
- must be able to successfully complete company’s basic job skills assessment
- if using own vehicle for company business, must have a current valid driver’s license and must have insurance as required by state law.