Storyblocks offers a subscription-based service that empowers the creative community by providing affordable, high quality stock media. In addition to supporting video creation through www.videoblocks.com, we have launched two products focused on images (www.graphicstock.com) and music (www.audioblocks.com) with similar subscription models. A new marketplace launched in 2015, to further expand our library of creative content.
We have been recognized by the Inc 5000 five consecutive years, by Deloitte’s Fast 500 four consecutive years, and by DC Inno as one of Washington’s Coolest Companies three consecutive years. We foster an energetic office environment filled with talented team from a number of backgrounds, and offer growth opportunities to anyone who is willing to work hard, and contribute to our shared goals, vision and values.
Part of the Creative team within Marketing, the Copywriter produces a variety of written projects to improve channel performance, elevate the Storyblocks brand, and inspire our growing community. From display ads to email templates, the Copywriter develops digital marketing copy focused around increasing conversion and building brand equity. His/her goal is to nurture customers through Marketing funnel—from first touch to renewal—with intuitive and compelling communication.
With supervision from the Sr. Marketing Creative Manager, the Copywriter supports the Marketing and Product teams—ensuring high-quality and consistent creative across all digital properties. Our digital marketing platforms require frequent copy updates for the millions of users they serve; the Copywriter produces new creative regularly to keep these channels fresh. Candidates must have a strong background in direct response marketing and be able to deliver on-time in a fast-paced environment. Excellent collaboration skills are a necessity–the Copywriter works closely with designers and clients across the company.
The ideal candidate for the Copywriter role has at least three years of experience, proven digital marketing skills, a wealth of creativity, the ability to adapt to both brand voice and messaging goals, and the organizational skills to produce high-quality projects under deadline.
Along with competitive benefits and compensation (such as unlimited vacation), Storyblocks offers the fast-paced and fun culture of a tech startup, with perks like a pour-over coffee station and ping pong breaks.
- Write clear, concise and grammatically correct copy for a variety of digital assets, such as:
- Landing pages
- Display ads
- Sign-up flows and pop-ups
- Facebook and Instagram ads
- Case studies
- Create original copy that results in effective digital campaigns and communication
- Apply quantitative and qualitative learnings to optimize messaging
- Partner with clients to report on results and understand what copy drives action
- Understand different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Develop and maintaining a clear and consistent brand voice
- Collaborate with clients across Marketing and Product to deliver consistent copy that follow best practices
- Help develop creative concepts, such as for campaigns
- Deliver on-time work that solves the problem presented by the client
- Report to team lead, including project updates, deadline and time management check-ins, and copy performance learnings
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or another related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a copywriting role for digital marketing
- Familiarity with commonly used style guides
- Specialization in copy for direct response advertising
- Ability to problem solve and write for the intended goals of a project, using data to back-up creative decisions
- Knowledge of the needs of different channels, from email to SEO optimization
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Self-motivated and organized
- A creative mindset and positive attitude
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance with 100% of monthly premiums paid by the Company
- Flexible work hours with generous vacation and leave policies
- A casual, fun and fast paced work environment with unrivaled peers
- Free gym membership
- Stipends for attending various training programs and conferences
Storyblocks does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.