Please send your resume to rwmaxsonATaurorak12.org (please replace AT with @) for immediate consideration. The email address was listed this way to eliminate spam.
Aurora Public Schools (APS) is located in Aurora, Colorado, in the wonderful metropolitan Denver area. APS is the fifth largest public school system in the state of Colorado with over 40,000 students, and also one of the most diverse school districts in the state. Aurora is also within driving distance to the Rocky Mountains. We offer competitive salaries and benefits to our employees.
Salary: See the teacher salary schedule at https://hr.aurorak12.org/teach-lead-inspire/teach/#licensed-salary-schedule
Days/Hours: as designated by the school. - Days: 187 day position (new teachers 190 day position)General Description:
- Work with severe/profound students with disabilities. In addition to developing literacy and math skills, transition planning, lifting, feeding, diapering are typically part of the job
- Responsibilities include assessing, teaching and supporting students with disabilities in a continuum of services to include in-class and pull out option. Consultation and collaboration with general education and special education staff are essential components of this position.
- Be able to demonstrate understanding and applications of standardized assessments for eligibility and general education assessments in literacy and math for programming purposes.
- Understanding and application of Augmentative Alternative Communication systems is vital to this position.
- Supervision of paraprofessionals is an essential component.
Education and Licensure
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Holds a Colorado teaching license or is currently eligible for one with the appropriate endorsement for this position
- A completed Human Resources file including transcripts, student teaching verification, previous work experience
- Acceptable Licenses
- Early Childhood Special Ed (ages birth thru 8) Grades P3-2 only
- Early Childhood Special Ed Specialist (ages birth thru 8) Grades P3-2 only
- Early Childhood Special Ed (ages birth thru 5) Grade P3-K only
- Early Childhood Special Ed (ages 3 thru 8) Grades P3-2 only
- Special Education Generalist (ages 5 thru 21)
- Special Education Specialist (ages 5 thru 21)
- Profound Needs (ages birth thru 21)
- Severe Needs Cognitive (ages 5 thru 21)
- Educable Mentally Handicapped (K-12)
- Multihandicapped (K-12)
- Temporary Educator Eligibility Authorization (TEE)
Endorsement CategorySpecial Education Generalist OR Trainable Child OR Teacher 2-Severe Needs Affective OR Physically HandicappedStrategic Plan: The teacher shall identify the development needs of students, shall maintain a productive learning environment, and shall work collaboratively to support the priorities of the Strategic Plan.
Condition of Employment: As a condition of employment, the individual selected for this position will be expected to complete the APS-sponsored Linguistically Diverse Educator (LDE) Certificate Program within the first three years of employment.
Click here to learn about the Linguistically Diverse Educator Certificate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,471.00 /year