SEIU UHW-West & Joint Employer Education Fund
The Education Fund is a joint effort between SEIU-UHW and employers to provide educational opportunities for employees. The mission of the Education Fund is to empower our diverse healthcare workforce to advance in a changing environment through innovative education and training solutions.
Assistant Director Finance
Principal Purpose of Job:
This position is primarily responsible for the preparation of the annual budget, the research and resolution of budget issues, and the development of relevant report. The financial analyst works closely with managers and directors to provide analysis of monthly expenses and the resulting cost reports. This position also assists the finance department with other fiscal issues as needed. Additionally, this position works with the Fund’s financial consultant on tracking and reporting the allocation of investment forecasting and earnings.
Level of Authority:
Works in coordination with other members of the Finance Department, under general organizational policies and procedures.
Most of the work is performed in a fast-paced office setting with frequent interruptions.
Essential Job Functions
Additional Job Functions
- Provides continual improvement of budgeting process through education of managers on issues impacting their budgets
- Assists the Assistant Director of Finance with the preparation of annual budget and cost reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Collaborates with program managers and directors to develop budgets and resolve budget issues
- Monitors and track budget changes monthly and annually, allocating revenue and expenses appropriately.
- Prepares monthly variance reports of actual to budget income and expenses
- Maintains investment portfolio information, prepares projections on investments, and reports monthly
- Reconciles forecasts of interest income with operating results, and reports the variances/reasons
- Assists with projects report analysis as necessary
Qualifications and Capabilities
- Provides direct support to the Assistant Director of Finance in all accounting and finance related areas and to management staff as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in budgeting and forecasting Healthcare experience preferred.
- Experience in fund accounting, preferably with Black baud Financial Edge
- Strong practical and theoretical knowledge of accounting systems, financial analysis, planning, and problem solving
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues, managers, and individuals at all levels of the organization
- Sound technical skills in budget development with intermediate to advanced Excel proficiency.
- Good understanding of reimbursement methodologies and assumptions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously within strict deadlines, working independently and as part of a team
- Ability to present and communicate ideas and concepts in public and private, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to sit at a work station for extended time periods.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details necessary to describe the principal functions of this position, level of knowledge, the skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or as needed.
Please send a resume and cover letter with Senior Accountant in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.