We are a leading global provider of high-quality biological specimens and value-added services. By combining technical expertise, exceptional customer service, and unparalleled access to biological specimens. Our mission is to provide high quality biological tissues, fluids, cell products, and services to our customers to further pharmaceutical research focused on bettering lives.
Our global team is made up of a diverse group of professionals committed to serving the needs of our 30,000 clients around the globe. Our culture’s core values consist of respect, integrity, accountability, communication, and quality. We operate in a fast-paced environment that, while in operation for over 30 years, maintains an entrepreneurial spirit and a “can do” attitude.
The Scientific Director – Immune Cells is responsible for establishing protocols, expanding an immune cell laboratory, identifying tools and resources needed for isolations of human and animal primary cells for use in drug development. H/She will also provide insight into the product development strategy and scientific collaborations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ownership of the quoting, sourcing, manufacturing and technical support activities related to cell isolation products
- Management and mentorship of a cell isolation laboratory team
- Lead the development and validation of protocols for new primary cell isolations
- Creation of SOPs and training management utilizing QMS
- Identify and implement operational improvements for the product line
- Product development strategy utilizing knowledge of market research and competing products, gathering and interpreting data to determine competitive landscape and market dynamics (size/growth/trends/drivers
- Function as a subject matter expert, supporting sales of the products through training, customer visits, webinars, etc.
- More than 5 years of Industrial Life Sciences laboratory experience
- Experience and knowledge of the immune system is a required. Experience in T cell biology, tumor immunology, as well as other immune components is preferred
- B.S., M.S., or PhD with clearly demonstrated skill set in oncology, immuno-oncology, or immunology is required
- Extensive experience isolating primary immune and/or hematopoietic cells
- Strong understanding of the industry, market and unmet customer needs
- Able to train other technicians to perform cell isolations
- Able to read, interpret, and communicate basic technical documents
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Advanced cell culture and flow cytometry skills
- Experience with in vitro cellular and biochemical assays and techniques; including cell culture, immune cell profiling, cytotoxicity, proliferation, activation, cell viability, assay based functional characterization of immune cell populations, and survival assays with a strong focus on flow cytometry
- Demonstrated expertise in either immune-oncology or immunology through publications, meeting abstracts and/or technical reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Demonstrated ability to meet project timelines
- Ability to communicate directly with customers
- You are a team player. You take your work very seriously, but not always yourself.
- You are dedicated and reliable
- You are looking for an organization that values mission-driven, loyal individuals focused on achieving goals those in need of our services.
- You get things done
We offer a comprehensive benefit package for eligible team members including medical, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, hospital indemnity and accident insurance. We also offer a generous retirement plan with a company match. Eligible employees also enjoy competitive time-off policies. We are a collaborative environment that promotes growth from within. Enjoy company-sponsored events for the entire team!
We can’t wait to work with you!
We are an equal opportunity employer.