We’re looking for a God-called Christian pastor who can lead our church into the future with conviction, vision, and humility. The Lead Pastor is to have a shepherd’s heart (1 Peter 5:1-4) and be committed fulltime to leading, shepherding, equipping, empowering, and deploying L3 Church. Further, he/she is to be a man/woman of God who has a deep love and zeal for the Scriptures, demonstrates a rich prayer life, is filled with and relies on the Holy Spirit, and bears the attributes of a disciplined, joyful follower of Jesus Christ. Finally, the Lead Pastor needs sensitivity to the leadership structure as well as an enthusiasm for the multi-ethnic, missional and community outreach vision that is a core part of L3 Church.
- Serve as the spiritual leader of L3
- Provide overall vision and strategy for the mission of L3
- Operate as the church’s primary Bible teacher/preacher, responsible for the regular Bible teaching ministry of the church
- Work with the Worship Pastor to plan the worship services of the church
- Provide leadership, care, and coaching/ (personal and ministry development) for the staff/team
- Conduct weddings, funerals, and baptisms according to the doctrinal commitments of L3
- Spend an appropriate amount of time in study and prayer in preparation for teaching opportunities
- Serve as a leader by example in personal discipleship, stewardship, and evangelism
- Meet with the Pastoral Board and Board of Trustees on a regular basis to get input and to report on the spiritual, organizational, and financial health of L3
- Develop relationships with other churches and organizations in our community consistent with our church’s mission and values
- Provide pastoral counseling and care, and or provide others who will provide counseling and care for members and families of L3
- Meet regularly with staff and other current and potential leaders within L3 to disciple and train them in life and ministry
- Serve as an ex-officio member of all church committees and teams
- Faith/Beliefs: The candidate has personally accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior and preferably comes from a Bible-believing, evangelical, charismatic church. The candidate supports and affirms the L3 Church Statement, By-Laws, and Mission and Vision Statements.
- Personal Character Qualities: The candidate should possess the biblical qualifications described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-8, and 1 Peter 5:1-4 as confirmed by church/background references. We are looking for a person of biblical integrity, with a healthy marriage and family life that can lead by example.
- Credentials: It is preferred that the candidate be an ordained/licensed pastor/minister, who is already a part of a denomination or apostolic movement/network, and who already has a proven track record of building up healthy, missional, spirit-filled churches. This is our preference but is not required to submit an application.
- Education/Ordination: It is preferred that the candidate have attended and graduated from an accredited Bible-based training institution, bible college or seminary. Although this is preferred it is not required for application.
- Age/Experience: It is preferred that the candidate has at least 5-10 years of experience in pastoring OR as an Associate Pastor of a church with a proven track record of building up and providing pastoral ministry, as well as equipping a congregation for reaching out to the community. Experience in leading a team of volunteers and or part-time and fulltime staff is also preferred.
- Family/Marriage: L3 Church is looking for a pastor with a healthy marriage and family. Premarital and marital counseling will be required, and the pastor must have had personal success/health in his own family. Since L3 has always been a gateway to families, and families with single parent homes. Therefore having raised a family with 1 or more children that can be an example to and an influence on other families is preferable.
- Cross-cultural/multi-ethnic/multi-generational church experience: L3 draws from a diverse cross-cultural, multi-ethnic, and multi-generations. In the past L3 has welcomed many international students and transitional professionals and their families, new to both the Washington D.C. Metropolitan area and the US. The ideal candidate will have a heart for nations/missions (Matt. 28:18-20) and working with multi-cultural church/ministry in a diverse community.
- A heart/vision for our NATION: L3 is located about 30 miles from our nation’s capital. Many of L3’s members are involved in government related businesses or services. Therefore the ideal candidate would have a heart for our nation and could shepherd and lead those in L3’s congregation – as well as others in the area – into effective ministry for our nation.
Full profile, church snapshot, and next steps at http://l3church.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Lead-Pastor-Profile-Final.pdf.
Alternatively at www.l3church.com -- > Media -- > Lead Pastor Profile.
Job Type: Full-time
- lead/senior pastor(leading a church) or associate pastor: 5 years (Preferred)
- Germantown, MD 20874 (Preferred)
- licensed/ordained pastor/minister (Preferred)